cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage notification

useofyousuf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My monthly plan renewed today and shortly after I got a message that I have used up to 75% of my data - even though I was on wifi the whole day. I logged in to check my data usage and it shows me that I haven't even used 1% of my data allocated for this month. Any ideas why I got that message?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@esjliv wrote:

Was it a message from PM or is your phone set up to notify you after so much data is used? If it is your phone, the start date on your phone could be set up differently than your PM billing/start date.

@esjliv this is a good hunch.  @useofyousuf note that your plan renewal date can change from one month to the next, since Public Mobile plan terms are exactly 30 days, while calendar months can have 28, 29, 30, or 31 days in them.  If you're using your phone to set limits, you would need to in and manually adjust your renewal date in your phone's data settings after every renewal.  It's possible your phone thinks you're still on your previous cycle.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Was it a message from PM or is your phone set up to notify you after so much data is used? If it is your phone, the start date on your phone could be set up differently than your PM billing/start date.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@useofyousuf Just a mistake. Info on self-service account is always correct. Stick to it.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@useofyousuf wrote:

My monthly plan renewed today and shortly after I got a message that I have used up to 75% of my data - even though I was on wifi the whole day. I logged in to check my data usage and it shows me that I haven't even used 1% of my data allocated for this month. Any ideas why I got that message?

@useofyousuf  You can ignore that text as it was probably sent out in error. The counter on selfserve or what is reported when you dial 611 is accurate. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It could have been sent in error.  Usually the usage history in self serve is accurate.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

Need Help? Let's chat.