cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data unavailable

winpele
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My data of 500 MB was used up shortly after I started using my phone. The Usage History timestamp is not clear whether it was in the a.m or p.m. of the day. How could I have used all the data in one shot when I just signed up without downloading or uploading except minor browsing to ensure the data was connected!

I subsequently used Add-ons to add another 1GB of data to my plan at $30 value but data is still not available. Help!!

support request (#2347-3460)

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

the answer is fairly simple:

if you use an android phone, your google play service is set to download automatically updates...with android, this is lots of data as there are lots of updates.... also possible: you downloaded the new Nougat ( which is usually a push update )......

if you want to avoid any unforseen downloads while using the phone simply turmn off data for the time being...

i'm a shaw customer thus have also access to "shaw open" which save me lots of data as shaw open network are in lots of areas..

cheers

bmendes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your on an iPhone, you can also see what app used how much data in Settings -> Cellular 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Please edit your post to remove your tel number.

what phone are you using.  in android you are able to see what app used all the data. My wife had a weather app and for some reason in one night it background it used over 500med of data.

this link might help if you own an android device.

Need Help? Let's chat.