cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data turned off by Public Mobile

taylormrbrown
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've had automatic payments set up for several months with no issues and no changes, I am significantly under my data use for the month as per every month, yet now I am getting notifications that my data has been temporarily turned off by my provider... What is with that? 

22 REPLIES 22

ASt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the helpful info, S—S Mayor.  I didn’t know the SIM card should only be removed when the phone is turned off.

😀

@wchan54 

If you find yourself stranded in the dtes try calling 604-831-1111, 604-681-1111 or 604-731-1111. These numbers will get you a taxi cab. Alternatively you can hop on a bus the 19 on pender, the 20, 3 or 8 on hastings/cordova ( the 8 being a night bus as well) or the 4 on cordova/powell. All will get you out of the dtes quite efficiently and will not refuse you even if you don't have bus fare.

SireWilliamson

Telus Insider I know told me that the LTE network was down for a while this morning, and that was the reason for the 'suspensions'.

ASt

Well, isn’t this a lovely how do you do from Public Mobile for a newcomer!  I’m smiling, though, because it’s working again!  

Hopefully, randomly turning off data won’t become new trend.

Keep smiling!

smf

Oh no, that is terrible.  Hope you are safe now.    Clearly it is a Telus issue--but seems like it is hopefully fixed 🤞

judclif2bc

Had same problem. Found out Telus was out all over BC & AB. Don't know what the problem was but it's back up now. h

Had to restart my phone and all ok now.

wchan54

Thank you for this!! I lost service and data at the worst possible time--I was stranded in Vancouver's downtown eastside as a single female and couldn't book or call for a safe ride home. It was incredibly frustrating and I thought my SIM card was defective. Glad to know it's not just me but wow, how inconvenient for many...

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@zubar75 wrote:

anyone been able to get this resolved,  my data was just turned off  1.7mb used out of 5120Mb, the account is all paid up and looking fine

ttt.jpg

zubar75

anyone been able to get this resolved,  my data was just turned off  1.7mb used out of 5120Mb, the account is all paid up and looking fine

@ace_phone wrote:

My data and my Phone service have both been shut off this morning. WTF! I just paid for 90 days! Can't see any reason for it either.

ttt.jpg

ace_phone

My data and my Phone service have both been shut off this morning. WTF! I just paid for 90 days! Can't see any reason for it either.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@taylormrbrown @ASt @smf @judclif2bc @wchan54 @SireWilliamson 

check it out is issue Towers Map in your area...outages Here link, 

something maybe is help, do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@scotk 

tt.jpg

scotk

Same problem. My account is up to date and paid. But Data was turned off this AM.

SireWilliamson

I just had the same thing. "Your mobile data service has been temporarily suspended." No explanation or reason given. I'm at less than 50% of my data plan. My billing cycle is on the 16th of the month, so not a payment issue.

shanz

This is a service issues with Telus who owns public mobile. My Telus line is out as well. 

smf

Having the same issue.  Clearly this is a system problem (turning off and on).  Could be Public Mobile or Telus issue.  I've had public mobile for a couple of years and this is the first time I've  experienced this issue (or any other issue actually).  Hopefully they will fix this quickly.

nitzdut

Why is my data turned off by the provider 

Charitus

Mine was shut off same time . Ive checked my account and I have tons of data left and have just made a payment through auto payments. So there must be some sort of server issues. The accounts page is loading like snails.

fopublic

no effin data

another effup from public.

you pay squat, you get squat

aholes

taylormrbrown

I do long haul rural drives so this is actually dangerous if my data is randomly cut-off like this.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@taylormrbrown wrote:

I've had automatic payments set up for several months with no issues and no changes, I am significantly under my data use for the month as per every month, yet now I am getting notifications that my data has been temporarily turned off by my provider... What is with that? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Plan-not-working-Data-issue/m-p/720704#...

Need Help? Let's chat.