cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data temporarily turned off by operator

B12
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Because why?

Seems awfully convenient during a power outage/internet outage in the Windsor/Ess3x County area.

(apparently one cannot even write "ess3x" without being censored. Seriously???

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@B12 wrote:

@softech restarting seems to have worked for now.

I checked my account for the 150/250mb figures.

@B12 this is a basic troubleshooting step you should always try first.  It takes moments and resolves many "weird" issues, particularly if you aren't in the habit of rebooting regularly.  (Better yet, get in the habit of doing it weekly and you can prevent many of these types of problems)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jerry_dunlop81
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thank you. And your

@B12 

You may want to actually set your data warning and limiter. Mine are set to 100mb and 150mb so I get warned when an app starts using too much data I can seek out the offender.bIt also protects all of my add on data from possible accidental use because pm sends out data usage texts at 75% and 95% usage of the total data on the account.

But I'm happy to hear a reboot did the trick. Be sure to make it a habit to reboot your phone once a week at least.

B12

Thanks for everyone's time.

@B12  glad it works.  

B12

@softech restarting seems to have worked for now.

I checked my account for the 150/250mb figures.

@B12   just want to confirm you get the 150/250mb figure from My Account.   Just to confirm PM has the same number

If that is the case, did you have a chance to try reboot the phone, or reseat the SIM?  If still fail, you might really need to try to put the SIM on another phone to test.

B12

I have used up ~150mb out of 250mb and my phone is set to tell me when I go passed 1GB.

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

@B12 

Can you double check that you don't have your data limiter set in your phone and you just hit it vs using all your data. You have checked your account for remaining plan and/or add on data?

@B12   Although the message sound like it's a carrier issue, but  it could also be

• This could be due to a malicious attack on your phone or just that your phone or device has a lot of cache on the memory.
  • Your SIM may be worn or damaged. Furthermore, you would note that your phone may say ‘unregistered SIM.’

• The message you receive from your service provider notifying you of a temporary disconnection may be an issue that the service provider thinks that your phone may have been stolen or lost.

B12

Screenshot_20210711-141446_One UI Home.jpg

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I don't see any Telus outage report according to it's status page

did you try reboot your phone?  did you try to put your SIM on another phone just to make sure it's not your phone issue?

yes.  Look like Ess3x needs to be renamed based on PM  policy.  🙂

[solution highlighted ........ Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.