cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data slow

JAC70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Getting 1Mb instead of 3.  Also affecting my kid's phone in another city entirely.  Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10

keepasa
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Another thing to check is how many signal bars you are getting.  Even though LTE is faster, If you are getting 1-2 bars indoors inside a basement, it's better to disable LTE so it'll use lower better penetrating frequency signals.  Also saves on batter since phone will not be fighting for proper signal.  Myself I always disable LTE even if I get 3 sig bars, I get better speed and battery under 3G.  Cheers!

@pkaraa 

no. I'm not open minded I don't want to know... 🤫 😖

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@gpixel I have tested Koodo with PM.

Guess who won..

JAC70
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Disabled LTE and went from sub-1Mbps to 10Mbps.  Interesting.  Cheers 

@darlicious 

i would have to respectfully disagree with him. public clearly states this and this is something we can all test and observe. Ive seen many customers compare their Telus account and their public account reception.. and the answer is never the same. public loses... all the time

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JAC70 

depending on tower saturation, you could be kicked off the nearest tower and reconnected to a tower further away. this could happen during high traffic hours.also weather can play a big factor and being indoors. there are many factors

it goes Telus, Bell, Koodo, Virgin, Public, Lucky for tower priorities

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JAC70 

Try rebooting your phone and turning airplane mode on for a minute and off again.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@JAC70 

Data speed can be slower depending on location and conditions at the time.

Maybe try to manually select 3G network, instead of LTE or auto.  LTE speeds with Public mobile is capped to 3Mbps, while 3G network is not capped and many customers can get higher speeds.  Will lose the LTE latency, but data speeds might be higher.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Too many kids playing games at the same time? 🙂

Could be just network overload... Saturday night, rainy weather, everybody at home...

Need Help? Let's chat.