cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data question

PaddyF
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I've searched through a good bit of the forums, and the three reasons I've found for data not working are incompatibility with the phone and network, phone's not unlocked, and the APN isn't set up. 

Those are all fine for me, yet I still can't get my data to work. 

Any other options?

Cheers, 

P

12 REPLIES 12

Vimalkumar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I didn't wants to say factory reset your cellphone,i said turn it off cellphone,remove PM sim card,reinstall PM simcard and turn it on,it may be your apn settings restore automatically.

So I'm not moderator.ask moderator if it doesn't work.

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it is not uncommon that you have to restore to factory setting before it works with PM.  Lots of LG have that issue.

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good stuff OP. Nothing like a hard reboot to solve all your phone's problems lol.

Sometimes the normal simple turn on/off, reinsert solve many issue.

Vimalkumar

Try it?i will be waiting for your reply.

PaddyF

Turning it off and reinserting the SIM card did the trick. Thanks very much!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PaddyF a couple of points:

1) the IMEI checker (the one you used) does have an unofrtunate history of false positives sometimes.  willmyphonework.net is more accurate for network compatibility check

2) the IMEI checker can't check if your phone is locked to a carrier or not.  Can you confirm that you either bought it factory unlocked, or had it unlocked by your previous provider before coming to Public Mobile?  (or: locked to Telus or Koodo is okay, no need to unlock.)

And a couple more follow up questions:

3) were you using this a3 on another carrier before moving to Public Mobile?  Which one?

4) there are a number of a3 sub-models ranging across different model years and different regions.  Do you have the specific model number handy?  examples:  A300F, A300YZ, A320F/DS, A320FL, A310M, A310Y, etc. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Vimalkumar

Hello,

Did you check data balance in your PM account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

If you have data in your account.so mau be problem in your device apn. So turn off phone,remove sim card snd reinstall sim,turn it on. Apn automatically restore snd then check internet in your device.

PaddyF

Yes, I'm brand new to the plan. Signed up for the 1.5g 3 month plan. I have a Samsung galaxy a3 and I punched in the number on the front page to check to see if it's compatable

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If what you have said is true in regards to APN and network then you probably have an account problem which does not allow for data usage. If that is the case, you will have to privately message the moderator for assistance. 

If you are using an android, sometimes you can check your data limit and see if there is a block for certain amount of gb used as well as for iphone. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@PaddyF, if you are certain that the phone is compatible, unlocked and APN is set properly, how about checking whether the phone has a data usage limit set or not.  That sometimes blocks data.  If that is not the case, then maybe you have some sort of account issue.  You will need the help of a moderator to look into that. The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link. Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Did you just sign up for PM? And is data part of your plan. What phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.