cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data problem

Julia1987
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi 

I switch my sim card to an old iPhone 4 and everything worked fine for a couple days and then the data stopped working and then my phone started saying that I don't have any data plan which I have! So I tried a whole bunch of things and nothing works. Went to see a phone repair shop and he the guy said the problem is not coming from the phone... 

Anyway I need help ! 

Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Julia1987 I assume you are still stuck with this problem. 

iPhone 3/4 APN settings (for cellular data) cannot be updated manually. You will need to connect to wifi, access http://www.unlockit.co.nz/mobilesettings/ with Safari, then follow the directions there.

MMS text will not work with iPhone 4.; detailed info is here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323119/highlight...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I wonder if when you turned on your iPhone it update all of the apps you hadn't used in awhile over mobile data and that burned up all your data. Do you have your phone connected to WiFi?

@Julia1987 hi you can contact customer support here

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Julia1987

Just tried but it hasn't change anything... 

Thanks tho

Julia1987

I did and I have plenty data and just renewed my plan so the problem is not coming from there....

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Set up your phone WIFI only for unimportant apps, only use data for the most needed apps.

@Julia1987 wrote:

Hi 

I switch my sim card to an old iPhone 4 and everything worked fine for a couple days and then the data stopped working and then my phone started saying that I don't have any data plan which I have! So I tried a whole bunch of things and nothing works. Went to see a phone repair shop and he the guy said the problem is not coming from the phone... 

Anyway I need help ! 

Thank you 

When it comes to checking self serve, it will actually say nothing about how much data that you have left or how much you have used. The mention of data will just vanish.

If you've used up all your data, you can choose to renew your plan early (although this will cost you more money) by asking the moderators to perform this task for you or you can purchase a data add-on.  A 1GB data add-on can be purchased for $15.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Julia1987 , have you looked into the self serve to see if you still have data available to use for the current plan cycle?  It is entirely possible that you have used up all the data.  

Need Help? Let's chat.