cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data outage?

flexwong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Anyone else experience data outage in the Toronto area? I suddenly stopped getting 4G or any sort of data on my phone. It was working fine earlier this morning. Calls work fine.

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@flexwong are you out there?  Please give us a brief update when you get a moment, so we know whether or not you need any further assistance?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Chaos_Scorpio wrote:

You in a deadspot; ie underground or something? were you in the same spot when it was working?

The OP said that calls were working fine, so unlikely to be a dead spot issue.

@flexwong, you never got back to us.  Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

srlawren

@flexwong further to those 3 items, here's an AWESOME checklist of things to check, provided by community oracle @Luddite:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Cant-Get-Internet-Connection/m-p/133453/hi...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@flexwong here's a few things you can check:

1) Did you accidentally turn off mobile data?  I'm not sure what kind of phone you have, but on an Android phone, this can very easily be done accidentally by tapping on the network icon in your quick toggles.

2) Are your APN settings for Public Mobile still there?  

3) Did you maybe consume all of your available plan data?  You can confirm this by logging into https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca and looking at the My Add-ons section of the overview page. If you don't see your data listed there, then you have used it all up.  

dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Try to turn on airplane mode then turn off airplane mode suggested by @Shutdown. If it doesn't resolve the issue then restart your phone and make sure your APN settings are correct.
Help this will solve your problem. If not Please let us know. Thanks.

Shutdown

Did your phone recently have an update? If it did check if it screwed up your apn. When my phone sometimes has that issue I just airplane mode on and off and it fixes, although I think its my phone fault.

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Im in sauga atm and shows LTE 75% full bar. 

Didnt have an issue in the early am. 

You in a deadspot; ie underground or something? were you in the same spot when it was working?

Unforuntately i can't be of any help here!  I ate up all my data already :(.

ech_786

Please check your limit to see if you have consumed all ... if everything okay online then try rebooting your phone.

Thanks!

Need Help? Let's chat.