cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

jasminel
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my current plan ends December 18. I saw the Fall 2016 promo last night and added it to my account making it 'renew on the next cycle" so it starts on December 19 with the 90 day /4gb/$40 Fall2016 promo. However, my data has stopped working since then. Did i miss a step to changing my plan? 

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jasminel wonderful--I'm happy to hear that!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jasminel

thanks! i found my solution!

jasminel

thanks! i found my solution by removing and putting the sim card back in!

jasminel

thanks! i found my solution by removing and putting the sim card back in!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jasminel have you tried the things @neilselden suggested?  Are you still having an issue or has this been resolved?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

Odd issue.  if you don't mind, try these basic troubleshooting steps:

1) Check to make sure that you have cellular data enabled on your phone

2) Log into your account on the web and verify that you have data left.  If you do have data left, proceed...

3) Power off phone, remove SIM card, replace after 1 minute, power on phone.

4) Check data connection, if still no data, proceed...

5) Under Settings -> Cellular Networks --> Access Point Names; make sure 'Mobile Internet' is set

to 'sp.mb.com' (omit quotes)

6) Check data connection... If still no data, contact a moderator.  

Hope this helps,

Neil

Saray_O
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @jasminel

I'm sorry to hear that. I have checked your account and everything seems to be active and there doesn't seem to be any system errors on our end. I also see that you scheduled the plan change correctly. 

I have refreshed your connection to your network to see if that helps. Could you reboot your phone and see if you can use data now?

Thank you! 

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK

PM sends out warning texts as you approach your data cap (at 75% and 95% I think), so should have those if it is a cap issue.

WearySky

I assume you've checked your data usage, and it's not just a coincidence of you hitting your data cap at the same time? 🙂

JaK

Hi @jasminel;

Setting you plan to change on renewal should in no way effect your current plan, so no I don't think you missed a step and it is likely not related at all. Did you do all the normal things to get data working again, like check your phone settings, reboot your phone, etc. Also, have you logged into self serve to see how much data you have left?

Need Help? Let's chat.