cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Mark088
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The the last few weeks my data has not been working.  I can connect to my wifi, but as soon as I try my phones data, it does not work.  

20 REPLIES 20

@Mark088   What plan are you on?  If you feel you need more data regularly than what's in your current plan, perhaps it would be more economical for you to upgrade your plan with one that offers more data allotment?    Unless, of course, you can get by with the add-on and you only deplete your plan data rarely. 

Here's list of the current plans which also include two previous plans ($35/50) that have more data than the older versions:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/plans

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark088 : Right. So you're out of plan data now and it won't renew until overnight 18/19. Use some of your Available Funds to buy the 1gb data add-on to hold you over until then. If you use lots of data...be sparse. 🙂 It's just a week. You can do it. 🙂

@Mark088 

That means you're last renewal was three and a half weeks ago. 

you're best end of current cycle

@Mark088  yes, it will be another week before you have data again.  you might consider buying data addon for now.  

Mark088

It says in my account

Next Payment Taken: Apr 19, 2021

@Mark088 

When does your self serve landing page say that your next payment is due by? That is your next renewal date.

Knowing that's will allow us to determine when your most recent renewal date was.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark088 wrote:

I don't understand.  Data is already part of my plan.  Why would I need to purchase additional data separately?  

Because you've consumed your allotment. So it's an option to have more data until you renew. Then that data will step back and wait to be needed again. The add-ons here are buy once and consume over time.

@Mark088   Yes everything resets once the new cycle starts.  How long is left in your current cycle?  Purchasing some data add-on can be good to have as a back up for instances like you're experiencing right now.  Plus any remainders from that add-on, when your plan renews, will carry forward indefinitely (edit: until fully consumed).

Mark088

I don't understand.  Data is already part of my plan.  Why would I need to purchase additional data separately?  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark088 : Yes. That's why I asked when you last renewed. There have sporadic reports in the past of data not resetting at renewal though. So maybe. Doubt it. But maybe.

@Mark088 wrote:

But once we start a new month, should my data not reset for the billing month?  

Billing date does not necessarily coincide with month end.  The cycles are 30 days and not monthly.  The self serve account will show when your next renewal takes place.  Immediately upon renewal, your data allotment will reset.  

It should reset.  When was your renewal date ?

If it didn't reset then contact a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Mark088

But once we start a new month, should my data not reset for the billing month?  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If there is no amount of data showing under data and add-ons in your account then you could purchase a 1GB data for $15.  It will remain in your account it is used up.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Mark088

Yes it worked in March, but for April its not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark088 : it would reset on your renewal or you ask the moderators to renew early or you change plans immediately or you buy add-ons. Just adding money doesn't do anything. This is not pay as you go.

Mark088

I don't see any reference to data in my plan.  So how do I fix this? 

Mark088

You're right I don't see any data, but I paid on the weekend.  Wouldn't that reset my data?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Mark088 , check your data usage in the self serve account.  It is possible that you might have run out of data.  If you do not see any reference to data in the overview tab, then you have used up the data allotment for the current plan cycle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mark088 : Has it ever worked here? When last did you renew? Look in your self-serve for the existence of data under My Data & Add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.