cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data is maxed but not sure how

Tulahb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a text saying I've used up all my data for the month. I'm only 2 weeks into my plan which is for 1000 MB of data. When I look at my usage history it doesn't show that I've used it. What can I do?

16 REPLIES 16

@Tulahb   try using some 3rd party app to monitor data usage 

If you are on Android, you can actually set the data to give you warning or stop the data on the device level.  But you will need to change the cycle date monthly because PM is running on 30 days cycle while the device is on a monthly cycle

With all the data gone,  if you still need data access now, you can choose to buy extra data add-on or contact PM for early renewal of your current plan.  

Tulahb

Ok thanks. I thought I'd turned off most apps but this is a new phone so I guess some settings must be different. Thanks for your help @Anonymous 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb : Um...well...then...your data stops working. You will want to check your phone settings to turn off OS and app updates over cell data ie. wifi only. You will want to turn off any unnecessary apps using background data.

And of course turn off cell data when not needed.

@Tulahb wrote:

No. I have no data left.

@Tulahb 

Then, i is likely used up. The overview tab is pretty accurate.

NOTE, any usage today may not show in your DETAIL USAGE until tomorrow...there is a delay for DATA USAGE in this area.

BUT, Overview is nearly immediate.

@Tulahb wrote:

Data doesn't work....

Have you check your OVERVIEW area on your Self Serve account, to see if the line item still shows up?

Tulahb

No. I have no data left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb : Did you say you have a data line under My Data & Add-ons?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Tulahb 

If you Plan Data is showing you have more data left on your Overview TAB of your Self Serve, then ignore those messages.

NOTE: data warnings will include your Plan Data as well as any of your Data Addons.

So, for example, if you have 1000 MB of Plan Data + 2000 MB of an addon, the you have 3000 MB total. And you will receive the 75% on the 3000MB.

Tulahb

Data doesn't work....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb : And under My Data & Add-ons on your self-serve, do you see a line mentioning data? And is your data still working?

If so, then it would seem it was a spurious text. There've been some reports of them. If the data is working and if it keeps working until it's done then I would ignore the text. Maybe at 750MB you'll get the 75% text 🙂

Edit: One doesn't always need to run to the CSA's for every little thing. We can give you ideas here or historical knowledge to proceed.

Tulahb

Thank you. I will try CS.

Tulahb

The text is from 611

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb : Did you get that text from 611? Or is your phone telling you this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb 

go to your device and check out each app is take all data and you don't which one check them all app... and if you know you didn't used your data and is not showing i think you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , and Explain your issue 
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

just to to refreshing your network,i know is not help but try it...

can you try to do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Tulahb

I know. I looked at my data usage. It doesn't show that I've used much at all. And I got no warning messages that I was at 75% or 95% - only 100%.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tulahb 

visit  Here link  to Managing Your Data Usage, and to save it your data...

Need Help? Let's chat.