cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data internet speed

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi guys, has anyone noticed any problem with their internet using data nowadays because mine becomes really slow or stops working, then I have to turn data off and then turn it back on

12 REPLIES 12

@Yasaman2 wrote:

I tried all things mentioned. Its still slow. Is North York area including the areas they are working on internet?

There are many areas working on the 5G upgrade and honest, we don't have their schedule and plan.  One of the members here is a expert in the field and he sometimes will update and confirm us on the area.

You might want to open ticket with PM to confirm if it is due to the upgrade or if might be network tower issue.  

To open ticket with PM:

Spoiler

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Yasaman2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried all things mentioned. Its still slow. Is North York area including the areas they are working on internet?

Yasaman2

North york, Toronto

@Yasaman2  which area you are at? (province and city)?

did you try what suggested above?  reboot the device first, see if it helps.  Then change to 3G Only on the network and see if it is good.

Telus and Bell are both upgrading their network to 5G and that might affect some locations temporarily 

Yasaman2

Hello, I found my internet speed much slower than before, it sometimes can not even open the websites. I didn’t change my plan or something. Just the speed is noticeably lower than before

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try clearing your cache and cookies then reboot.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@winston11 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@winston11 

i also experience the same issues. there are many factors, but what I've noticed is that if a tower is over saturated, PM customers are kicked off and reconnected to a further tower causing worse/slower data connection. this is why you are able to get a better connection when you enable/disable your data because you are reconnecting to the closer tower. eventually one will just get kicked off again. 

this usually occurs when my connection shows LTE and not LTE+

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@winston11 wrote:

Hi guys, has anyone noticed any problem with their internet using data nowadays because mine becomes really slow or stops working, then I have to turn data off and then turn it back on

@winston11  -  Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings, see if that improves going forward.

iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@winston11  did you try changing the network to 3G Only?

Bell and Telus has been busy upgrading their 5G systems and it might affect the LTE system in the area when they are working on the 5G.  .. Try changing to 3G only and see if it helps. 

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Noway I dont keep it on all the time I just have 1gb

Its just when I turn it on and working on something it just stops then I have to turn it off and back on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@winston11 : If you're one who leaves their data on all the time then it's kind of a good thing to kind of reset it on occasion. It sounds like you're doing that by noticing the slow down and then reseting it.

Need Help? Let's chat.