cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't work for over 2 months

Mr500
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,   My mobile has  no   data  connection for about 2 months. I checked the setting, reseting network, rebooting and found  no  problem.  Wifi works fine.  Please help.   Thanks
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr500 : Like I said, pics woulda been good but none showed up. Seeing your plan and maybe even payment history woulda done a lot to help us help you. Alas. Instead it was thousand questions.

Glad things are figured out.

Mr500

Oh, I didn't know this.  Should be ok. Don't have high requirement on speed. As long as data is there, delay is toleratable to me.  Thanks for reminding.

@Mr500   so, are you on the grandfather plan that offer LTE Speed?    If so, depends on if you need the speed.  The current plan are mostly cheaper but on throttled  speed on the LTE network (3Mps only).

Mr500

Just want to give everybody a update in case somebody has similar issue. Thanks everybody so much for link on how to contact agent.  Turned out it is because my data usage is used up 100%. Thought my plan has monthly 3G data, however it is 3G for 3 monthes instead. Gonna to switch to different plan.  Problem solved. Appreciate all the help and answers!!

Mr500

Thanks so much! Didn't realize all you guys are customers and helping here. Thought I was talking with Public Mobile representatives. I really need to reach them to check my account status. So hard to get them...Thanks again everyone!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr500 : We all ask a thousand questions and sometimes it's like pulling teeth. A picture tells a thousand words. Please post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mr500 

We are customers here so we cannot check your account which is why I am asking you to look under My Data & Add-Ons in self service and tell us what it says there. If you put your sim in another unlocked phone and the data works then most likely it is not an account problem, but a problem with your current phone.

@Mr500 wrote:

Did you see my note? My phone talked with public mobile successfully, but data usage is limited by Public Mobile with given message, which I have commented above.  SIM card doesn't have problem. If SIM has problem, phone/text would not work as well as the error msge will not be getting from Public Mobile. Can you check on my account? I have 3G monthly and nothing is used at all for two months!

@Mr500 

You are posting on the Community where we are all Public Mobile customers just like you.

We do not have access to your account.

I may not be caught up on this post yet...but can you see your Data line listed on your Self Serve account under this section?

esjliv_0-1630726193564.png

If so, than Data should be available to you and it may be a phone setting issue.

Please advise if you see the data line above.

IF you do not see the data line above, it is either used up OR, it sounds like your data may never got reset from months ago? IF this is the case, submit a ticket with Public Mobile Representatives, called CSA.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

Mr500

Did you see my note? My phone talked with public mobile successfully, but data usage is limited by Public Mobile with given message, which I have commented above.  SIM card doesn't have problem. If SIM has problem, phone/text would not work as well as the error msge will not be getting from Public Mobile. Can you check on my account? I have 3G monthly and nothing is used at all for two months!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mr500 

Try what @softech suggested and put your sim in another unlocked phone. How much data does it say in self service that you have…look under My Data & Add-Ons.

Mr500

Hi,

I just took out SIM card and reinsert. Data still not working. Tried to surf on browser, phone tried to talk to Public Mobile, but got msg says "You are unable to access the web because of one of the following reasons:" ( I put the  msg below with my comments)

1. you have exhausted the data plan.  --- NOT APPLIED as I have auto-pay plan with 3G monthly

2. your data plan has expired. --  NOT APPLIED. Same as above

3. you are roaming.  -- NOT APPLIED. I am in home city

4. your phone has been reported lost or stolen.  -- NOT APPLIED.

5. your account has been suspended due to fraudulent activity. --  Fraud? NO. Suspended? MAYBE!!!

Looked like as I suspected, my account may get locked last time after 100% usage warning in June as said by your msg saying. Please check on this!

@Mr500   

not sure why there is an exclamation mark beside sp.mb.com.. that doesn't look right

make sure you have the latest update

then try a Factory Reset.  

yes this is a tough one, make sure you backup everything first before Factory reset.  You will have to re-setup your phone after.

Mr500

Just take out sim card and insert again, restart phone, still same issue.  don't think phone has problem as wifi works perfect.

Mr500

Phone is same old one all the time, Huawei pro30. 

Voice phone call is fine. Only data doesn't work after 100% usage warning in June. I have autoplay plan. 

Tired network reset, phone reboot.

@Mr500 once a new cycle starts, everything reset and you should get data again.

you didn't change phone after June by any chance?

did you try network reset?

any chance you have a second phone you can put thr PM SIM there to test?

also, what did is the brand and model of the phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr500: Which make/model/submodel and OS/version is the phone?

Did data ever work here? Do you have a data limiter set on your phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mr500 

Can you log into self service and look under My Data & Add-Ons. Does it show a data line there?

Mr500

Sorry typo, exclamation

Mr500

Hi,

Checked APN, there is a acclaimation besides sp.mb.com , all others part are greyed out with 'Not set' ( for proxy, port, etc.). Actually in June I got warning sayd data usage reached 100% and no data since then. Can you confirm my data is not blocked on backend?  Thanks.

E

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mr500  phone calls work fine??

its your APN... did you just changed phone?  what brand and model is your phone??

did you try network reset?

I understand it has been 2 months.. but did you login to My Account and confirm from the overview page that you still have data left for this month and they are not all used up for the current cycle??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr500 wrote:
Hi,   My mobile has  no   data  connection for about 2 months. I checked the setting, reseting network, rebooting and found  no  problem.  Wifi works fine.  Please help.   Thanks

@Mr500 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Mr500 wrote:

Did you check the apn settings on your phone?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?q=Apn

Need Help? Let's chat.