cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data connection

bolddoodieS9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks,

I could use some help. I have a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy A11 (I'm not into bells and whistles). I've been trying to connect to the internet but with no luck. I've followed the APN steps, double- and triple-checked the entries I've made, data is on, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to connect, but no luck. (Even tried the airplane on/off trick --which worked on my old phone.) Even had my wife (the computer geek in our family) do it. She followed the procedure recommended on this website, but again, no luck. To top it off, when I complete the process and reboot, a Do Not icon pops up on the top of the screen. After a minute or so it disappears. What am I missing? I suspect it is something very obvious and simple. Anyone have a suggestion? By the way, I will respond to you, but it may take me some time to do so, but I'd still be grateful for assistance.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

bolddoodieS9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Reset everything. Did not work. Went to a cell phone fixit place. They couldn't do it. Went to a Public Mobile sales agent place. He couldn't do it. Went to the place where I bought the phone (Staples), they couldn't do it. EAch place concluded here must be a software issue with the phone.

I wondered if the phone (Samsung Galaxy A11W) was compatible with the Public Mobile network. Each place swore it was, but . . . the phone is not listed as one of the compatible phone on this website.

Conclusion: I am returning the phone. Thanks for your suggestions.

@bolddoodieS9 wrote:

Hi folks,

I could use some help. I have a new phone, a Samsung Galaxy A11 (I'm not into bells and whistles). I've been trying to connect to the internet but with no luck. I've followed the APN steps, double- and triple-checked the entries I've made, data is on, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to connect, but no luck. (Even tried the airplane on/off trick --which worked on my old phone.) Even had my wife (the computer geek in our family) do it. She followed the procedure recommended on this website, but again, no luck. To top it off, when I complete the process and reboot, a Do Not icon pops up on the top of the screen. After a minute or so it disappears. What am I missing? I suspect it is something very obvious and simple. Anyone have a suggestion? By the way, I will respond to you, but it may take me some time to do so, but I'd still be grateful for assistance.

Thanks.

Samsung is usually very good with APN setttings on most models that I've had experience with. There's one thing that I can think of to check that's not mentioned in the help articles. On some phones, it's necessary to add the APN type of default,mms .

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Does everything else work such as sms/MMS/calls/etc? Also try logging into your self serve account to see how much data you have left.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bolddoodieS9 : Post screen shots of the APN settings. Did you select the set of settings to be your current set if you have multiples?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bolddoodieS9 

Can you try resetting your network settings and ensuring your phone’s operating system/carrier settings are up to date.

Need Help? Let's chat.