cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data at 95%

justjohnny47
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a msg advising my data usage was near/at 95%. I have since turned off cellular whenever possible. Besides adding up each data usage amount, is there a way to see the total data used, to date? 

Thx,

John

4 REPLIES 4

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I found data witness is not very reliable

Chaos_Scorpio
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

customizing your apps to restrict background data helps a lot too; has to be done one at a time (as far as I know... )

tips  or search the web on reconfiguring your apps/data ... lots of helpful tips out there. ie - enable chrome compression. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@justjohnny47 here's how to tell what apps are using up your data:

On an iPhone or on an Android phone

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

If you log into your self-serve account you can check the total usage per billing cycle. If you don't see any data mentioned, you have used it all up for this billing cycle.

You can buy a data add-on to tide you over 'til your renewal date. (The 200MB and 1GB data add-ons don't expire until you use them all up and will only be deducted once your plan's data is all used up. Be aware that it's a two step process to buy it.)

Some members have also successfully contacted the moderators to get help with renewing their plan early.

You can use a data managing app to monitor your use. If you are on a 90 day billing cycle, an app like Data Witness or My Data Manager can be helpful (ability to monitor full 90 days).

Turn the background data usage of your apps off and make sure that OS or app updates are only downloaded on WiFi.

If you are using an Iphone ensure that WiFi assist is turned off since it can be eating into your data allotment.

More info on data usage: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-data-usage/ta-p/152760

Need Help? Let's chat.