cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage Update

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Curious to know how frequently PM updates Data Usage. My Usage History is running Two days behind. 

7 REPLIES 7

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious 

Coming to you live from Firefox!!!

I'll try it for a bit to see. Chrome certainly works better than Safari.....in my experience. 
thanks for the suggestion. 

.. immediate.. 12 hours.. EST.. local time..  ... so inconsistent , they probably contacted out the system to different developers back then.. lol

@Koombassi 

Your overview page data counter and usage page counters are almost immediate but you do need to log out for it to refresh.

Your daily usage pages update texts and calls within minutes* and data is updated in two 12 hour blocks twice daily but they usually appear in the usage pages after midnight.

Text messages are time stamped in the eastern time zone. Calls that are answered are time stamped in your local time zone. Calls that are unanswered or go to voicemail are time stamped in the eastern time zone.

*I have noticed lately that in chrome the usage pages can be delayed several hours at times but switching to firefox will give me accurate up to date usage. Weird?!!🤔

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Koombassi wrote:

Curious to know how frequently PM updates Data Usage. My Usage History is running Two days behind. 

@Koombassi ,

This area (Overview) is nearly immediate (best results for live remaining amount of data):

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

Where as, USAGE HISTORY, takes a bit. 

I was tracking with a spreadsheet very tightly in 'the beginning', and ended up waiting until the next day to see full results from the previous day.

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track, since Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detailsid=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me exactly what I need from it.

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

softech
Oracle
Oracle

install a 3rd party app to track it yourself.. it's more reliable and  you know right a way on you phone.  (just make sure the one you install can track 30 days cycle)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Koombassi : It's about every 12 hours. The front page counter is almost immediate.

Edit: the detail usage = 12 hours

Need Help? Let's chat.