cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Outage: June 30, 2021

Although I know that my account and device are fine,  data is completely down.  I'm hoping that this doesn't last too long. I'm just curious about how widespread this issue is. I'm in the Toronto area. Voice and SMS services are working normally.

@J_PM 

Is Telus aware of this?

10 REPLIES 10

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Mine is back now as well! Thankfully, I wasn't in a position that I *needed* it, but still felt better knowing its not a long term contact the mods type issue. Glad it wasn't just me! 

Wonder what happened? 🤔

Any time I notice something may be going goofy I instantly text myself to check. Due to Sim swap fraud fear. Although my password is very strong and my info is incredibly difficult to duplicate thanks to windows character map on top of false info (for example Bob Barker but with all symbols vs standard letters). It's ridiculous to even need to do that at all but, guess that's a different rant for a different post lol 👀

Salvo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It just started to work.  Data is back  every thing is working now 

Guys 

I believe that everything may be functioning again. If not, try restarting your device to force your phone to disconnect and reconnect to the network. I think that Public Mobile and customers should feel fortunate that this didn't happen during the middle of the day.

Salvo

Anyone with ideas why. Data not working ? 

I can call out but no data 

Thanks guys ....

Pawprints1986

Just tested again, mine is still not working... But SMS is still a go

Aditya402

Same with me. Did it suddenly stop working around 2 hours ago?

kevpatz777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi my data isn’t working. my payment has been deducted from my auto pay. 

Pawprints1986

I also just happened to notice about 10 minutes ago, but my device was off and charging (still a habit lol) so I couldn't say for how long? 🤔 

But it's spanning 4 hours drive or about 400km at least, that we know of 😕

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

I just noticed mine is down as well. But SMS and 611 (it's 3am here so didn't want to call a person) are working normally

Thought it was my device, tried both wcdma and lte but both failing. Restarted etc still the same. I have plenty data left on my plan too

It's not just you who is having servcie difficulties. I can't say for sure how long this has been going on. By chance, I turned my device's Wi-Fi off to check something and noticed this outage. 

Pawprints1986

I just noticed mine is down as well. But SMS and 611 (it's 3am here so didn't want to call a person) are working normally

Thought it was my device, tried both wcdma and lte but both failing. Restarted etc still the same. I have plenty data left on my plan too

Oh and I'm in Es**bleep** county/Windsor

Wow lol Ess - ex county lol that censor is  too hilarious, had to leave that in

Need Help? Let's chat.