cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Caps Suspension Plans - COVID19?

ilikepm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Is PM planning to have data caps suspended (like other companies including Telus have done) till the pandemic scare remains?

12 REPLIES 12

smiley3
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Really Telus suspended data caps?!?!?!!  wow, I hope PM does!

@JoyLuck...on Vancouver Island, have a look at Can Com for inexpensive wifi with no data cap. Might be able to $ave a few more dollar$.

If you live on Vancouver Island, you should have a look at Juce Internet. They use Shaw's infrastructure and their plans are unlimited and at good prices. I have been with them for 5 years  with no issues. Recently, Shaw internet was down in my area for a couple of hours, therefore Juce was down. I contacted Juce during the outage and they lowered my next month's bill by $30 for my inconvenience. If your  with Shaw already, the switch is easy.

@zblackma  Wrote:

they gave us another free gig of data and 400 more international minutes to check the news and keep in touch with relatives overseas.

—————
Over “SOME” Seas but not others!

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@ilikepm wrote:

Is PM planning to have data caps suspended (like other companies including Telus have done) till the pandemic scare remains?

@ilikepm  Public does not offer Home Internet so the answer is No.

buiya

I think @sheytoon is correct, I've only heard about home internet providers.  If you're home and self isolating/quarantine, likely and hopefully you have home internet.

kelvarnsen

Do they need to remove data caps? Most people are stuck at home. I will probably use almost none of my mobile data this month since I'll be connected to my home wifi for at least the next few weeks.

Now if they decided to let unused data from this month carry over that would be cool.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I got an email from Rogers about free long distance and no roaming fees.  The free long distance is useful.  Not sure if the free roaming as most people are not going to be traveling.  Since Public Mobile only offers a limited long distance calling to a handful of countries, it's not that useful.  It is kind of difficult to make it free as it is covered by non expiring add-on.  My guess is expect nothing.

Being at home all day, my phone usage has gone to zero.  I never thought it would ever happen again, but my phone might last a week on standby.  Back to the flip phone days again.  

As far as I know, only home internet providers have suspended caps. No mobile providers have done this.

Am I mistaken?

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since PM is prepaid, and there are no overages, @ilikepm I don't see that happening.But it would be nice if like the Christmas gift, they gave us another free gig of data and 400 more international minutes to check the news and keep in touch with relatives overseas.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Likely not. Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service. You pay a fixed amount for a 30 day plan. Never an overcharge charge.

The ones suspending data caps, etc are postpaid services....

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Other providers are post paid and PM is prepaid.

Will need to wait to see if PM will make any changes.  PM did offer free gifts of 400 minutes and 1GB data over the Christmas holidays.

Need Help? Let's chat.