cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Add-On payments won't go through

maxwello11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried buying add on data worth 2 GBs. The payment went through on my bank account but the website said the payment was declined

5 REPLIES 5

@maxwello11 

You have to add funds to your account balance first then purchase the add ons from the available funds in your account. It sounds like you added the funds successfully but need to go select the add ons then scroll down the page and confirm and submit the payment to actually buy the add ons.

If you have not done this yet you may be better off changing your plan instead. As long as you are not on a grandfathered plan that is no longer available or have specific promotions tied to your plan that you would lose by changing plans then doing an immediate plan change to a higher data plan is a more economic option. You lose any remaining days in your current plan but you would start a new 30 day cycle and unless you have significant rewards ( they will apply on your next renewal) then plan data is much cheaper than add on data.

If you want to renew your current plan you will have to contact the moderators to do that for you. Any extra funds you may have added will just sit as  credit/ funds in your account to pay for your next renewal or add on purchase.

@maxwello11 wrote:

So, I added $40 to funds and tried to purchase 2 x 1 GB addon, and it ended up processing three. Is there a way I can get the third order that I didn't buy back?

Hello @maxwello11 ,

If you only add funds thus far, than you have completed Step 1 of the addon process.

Purchasing an Add-On? Be sure to:
1. Add funds to your account, if you don`t have sufficient funds  

2. Go back to the Add-Ons page and select your Add-On.

If you have the extra funds in your Available Balance you can leave that there, as it will be used up first to renew your plan on your next renewal (if may take longer to have a refund approved anyway).

@maxwello11 wrote:

So, I added $40 to funds and tried to purchase 2 x 1 GB addon, and it ended up processing three. Is there a way I can get the third order that I didn't buy back?

Did you do a $40 top up first and then buy 3?  $40 would be enough for 2 of the 1GB add-on.  The 3rd purchase would fail if you don't have $15 in the account and will top up your balance if you try. Do you have extra in the balance or do you have 3 add-ons?  

maxwello11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@maxwello11 wrote:

I tried buying add on data worth 2 GBs. The payment went through on my bank account but the website said the payment was declined

Can you look at self service and see if the balance is in Available Funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.