cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DAY 2] Business phone out of service due to public mobile's incompetence

deweydb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I figgured I would start a running blog of the events that have happened so far.  For the original topic see here.

Today I received a very angry email from a client threatening to fire me due to the fact they can't reach me on my cellphone.

I will probably have lost many clients by the time this disaster is over.  I can't even port my number out, because for that I still need help from a moderator.  

More updates to come. Perhaps I should share the angry email's i'm getting now?  

Thanks for being so awesome Public Mobile!

11 REPLIES 11

The moderators rarely login to the community.  The Private messages are read via a separate backend system for the crew to work with.  They are working, you just don’t see the activity.

There is most definitely support, but you’re see8ng the level of support that Telus doesn’t want to provide funding or support for.  I’m just as ticked off about the delayed support times here, but it is not the fault of the Moderators.

im sorry I read into your blog about wanting redress, but you’re the one who wrote about the angry email from a client.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@deweydb

It is what it is I guess...we all have different opinions on services we pay for...some have no problems ..some a few..some lots......not much more to say..anyhow hope you get your issues resolved......

deweydb

I've been using PM for over a year now.  Overall it is a very good option.  But their broken website compounded by their complete lack of support makes for a really bad experiance when things go wrong.

I mean the moderator team says in its profile they haven't even been online in days! since the 30th!  This isn't about backlog of support tickets, it's about not having any support team members working at all!

Carld123

@deweydb

Anyhow..welcome to public mobile...

deweydb

The word i used was "d .... a .... m ..... n " did not realize that was a swear word. LOL

Carld123

@deweydb

Clearly this provider isnt for you...you get what you pay for..and when people suggest this or that you bash them...this is a public forum..people just try to help..so...bleep bleep ...

deweydb

@stonechucker wrote:

The terms of service you agreed to warn you that Telus will not be held responsible for loses due to lack of service.

Where did I say I was seeking compensation? I just want their **bleep** website to actually work so I can update my card and move along.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@deweydb Tough spot you're in. Give this a boo: 100% SERVICE

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

So you got an angry email, why don’t you send an email to all your contacts, giving them another option on how to connect with you.

Your business is important, I get it.  But if you don’t have a backup plan, do not blame the carrier.

The terms of service you agreed to warn you that Telus will not be held responsible for loses due to lack of service.

Carld123

@deweydb

Agree with @NDesai

As a business owner yes..its great to save money..but if a business relies on cell phone service...not sure that PM is the way to go....this is only an opinion...not bashing or judging...but when something could possibly affect lively hood..??? You get what you pay for..and its not hard to research..

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Your issues aside, i don't think you should use a no frill carrier for your business use. Anything cheap always have some compromises to think about. It can work really well for some and it cannot for others. If stable services is really important to you and you require immediate support, i think you should look else where. But if you really like PM, may be have it as a back up.

Need Help? Let's chat.