cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service!?!?!?!?!?!?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

So people reading the title may think that this was going to be a rant about how poor the service is here.  NOT, I had an issue like many where I couldn't receive text messages after my US addon expired (thanks for jinxing me @SD08)  Anyway I private messaged @CS_Agent  and had my reply and issue fixed in 2 minutes (not a figurative 2 mintues) it was 2 minutes from PM sent to answer received.  Thanks to @MarieHelene_L all is back to normal.

I would like to see a Live Chat based service get things done that fast or even a call centre!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

17 REPLIES 17

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good to hear that

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

"Live Chat" is often hit or miss. I've recently used live chat to address issues on an investing account with Questrade. Although it's slow (I think agents are monitoring multiple chats), I find it's as efficient as phoning, and you can keep working on stuff while you chat. I think it would be cool if PM did a trial of 'live chat' support, especially since this Community is now the ONLY place to get support (bye bye Facebook & Twitter).

Hey @ShawnC13 you're a tricky guy... and it's not even Halloween yet! Robot tongue

@ShawnC13 wrote:

it was 2 minutes from PM sent to answer received.  T

I would like to see a Live Chat based service get things done that fast or even a call centre!!

That is really fast.  When calling into call centres, the system that answers often (deliberately somtimes it seems) forces you to listen to sometimes useless information and a confusing maze of options.  Some don't even let you select an option until first listenning to everything, giving the user the impression that the prompts are there to purposely waste the customer's time and/or to stall for time to cover for the fact that there aren't enough staff working at that moment to take all calls.

With that said, there are some issues that do get solved more easily with an immediate customer to CSR interaction. Those are often the more technical issues that can be solved more quickly if each party doesn't have to wait for the other person's otherwise non-real-time response.

Balanceman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I expect this occurence to be the exception rather than the rule.  But the one thing I like about PM is that your request is written rather than a verbal call to other providers.  It's documented proof of what had been transmitted and requested.  Usually when I need to call in, I find that my issue is never resolved the first time and when customer service reps document the file, it is half documented and usually in a way that is not coherent to other reps - and I am left to explain my situation all over again because the issue had not been resolved or I have been provided with misinformation.  This is the byproduct of call centres where you typically need to grind through calls at an alarming rate.

In short, I would rather take 10 great agents who I can contact through written correspondence than I would take 100 agents who are not fully trained to handle the issues and questions that a customer may have.

So far, I've been with PM for about 9 months and never had to message the mods except at the inception of my membership.  Based on everyone else's experiences, the response time appears to be fairly quick besides for periods of successful promotions.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@will13am,

It's no secret, I prefer speaking to live agents. But everyone has their own thoughts on this topic. I personally have had (for the most part) good interactions with live customer service. That is not to say that it hasn't been good with PM. I enjoy my service at PM and really like the staff. They do an excellent job and I cannot complain. Thanks PM!

Yea, its quite quick when its not on promotion.  Cat Happy

@Michael77 wrote:
@will13am,

Sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience.

I've had many good experiences with live agents from many different carriers including but not limited to Freedom Mobile and Rogers. I almost always get to speak to a person right away.

@Michael77, if I were you I would save some luck on playing the lottery.  I can't recall my last good experience with a call center agent because it has been too long for me to remember.  With Rogers, I always make sure I set aside an appointment in the calendar so that I dedicate a big slot of time no shorter than 90 minutes.  With this service, I have had a lot of interaction for all sorts of reasons.  I manage my own accounts in addition to many accounts for high maintenance friences.  I can sum up the overall experience by saying that I have never been let down.  While some issues were resolved right away and others took some time, there has never been major angst in waiting for resolution.  The reason for that is I don't have to wait on the phone while my problem is being worked on. 

@fotchet@  wrote:
I am currently having the same problem.. Were you able to fix it from your end or did the mods have to do it on their end? Thanks in advance for your response.

Mods have to from their end. So send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info. 

fotchet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I am currently having the same problem.. Were you able to fix it from your end or did the mods have to do it on their end? Thanks in advance for your response.

Michael77
@will13am,

Sorry to hear your friend had a bad experience.

I've had many good experiences with live agents from many different carriers including but not limited to Freedom Mobile and Rogers. I almost always get to speak to a person right away.

@Michael77 wrote:
Good job, PM! 🙂

@ShawnC13,

From my experience, I've had things taken care immediately or in minutes by live agents...... Just saying. 🙂

There are some people who like talking to live agents and some that don't.

You mean it could take a few minutes for a live agent to answer your call if you are lucky.  I got a good taste of live agent performance with Koodo last week.  I suggested a friend call her carrier to ask for some loyalty on her plan.  The queue was so long that I memorized the entire repertoire of music and to add insult to injury the system timed out the call and requested a call back. 

Mana
Mayor / Maire

Thanks to the @CS_Agent

Michael77
I truly feel the PM staff do their best to rectify every single issue as quickly as possible. They work hard and do a great job! 🙂

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Ran into this issue this morning as well, and also received very prompt and helpful assistance (in my case, from @Mary_M).  Glad you had a similar experience.  Actually, I think you got quicker help than I did!  Where's my oracle complaint line?!?!  😉  j/k!!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Michael77
Good job, PM! 🙂

@ShawnC13,

From my experience, I've had things taken care immediately or in minutes by live agents...... Just saying. 🙂

There are some people who like talking to live agents and some that don't.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Response time from moderators has always been quite good when one's service is down, EXCEPT during successful promos when activation/porting glitches pile up. Worst so far was last fall when the backlog took couple of weeks to clear.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

NOT, I had an issue like many where I couldn't receive text messages after my US addon expired (thanks for jinxing me @SD08

If I may be of any further hindrance, please don't hesitate to call.  I'm here Monday thru Sunday.  Cat Wink

Need Help? Let's chat.