cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom number?

RSS2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was thinking about changing my phone number and when I went to change my phone number through my account, only a small number of new phone number choices show up. I refresh the list and the same numbers show up. Is there a way to either view more new phone number choices or is there a way to pick a custom number of my choice?

6 REPLIES 6

Some custom numbers are for sale on Craigslist. 

Also check voip services with a better selection and do a port. May cost a few dollars. Look at Fongo or VOIP.ms. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@RSS2021 

Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number

Good Luck

In this case, the customer RSS2021 aready knows how to change the phone number. The question was about how to get a better selection of phone numbers. Customer used to be able to search for the last 4 digits upon activation. Unfotunately, that option is no longer available. In addition to that, that option was never made available to existing customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RSS2021 

Changing Your Number After Activation

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days after you’ve activated. To change or transfer your number after activation, go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number

Good Luck

@RSS2021 

Which city are you in? Some areas like the BC lower mainland have a half dozen cities/exchanges that are all traditionally local to each other -ie Richmond, Bowen Island, Vancouver, New Westminster, Aldergrove...Maybe your area has similar flexibility.

You can also check number inventory at places like numberbarn.com that specialize in porting out numbers.

RSS2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks! I will try that.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RSS2021 

You can't really pick a number of your choice, but one "trick" people have found is to select a different city, then select yours again.  You'll generally see more/different phone numbers populate but that's just about the only way to see a different number.

Another way to get the "phone number you want" is to have it elsewhere, then port it into Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.