cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current service outage?

Hamzoo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Our cell service is not working.  This is on both mine and my husband's phones.  It has always had very good reception at this location but now there is nothing.  Any idea what is going on?

23 REPLIES 23

@Hamzoo wow thanks for just pointing out all the people that helped you! It really shows that you were attentive to each person's response. 

Enjoy Public Community!

Hamzoo

Thank you all for your help and specifically: @gblackma Thanks for the detailed response.  @Triguy  Thanks for the link to the Telus outages map. @JoyLuck Thanks for checking the Telus map after I did and then posting that it was showing an outage in Kaslo - it didn't show when I first checked. @Anonymous Thanks for knowing the correct spelling of Kaslo - LOL.  

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Might be a good time to consider having a backup VoIP app on your phone when these sorts of things happen. Fongo and Google Hangouts are popular options. (I tend to prefer Fongo because it's no frills but it gives you a new number that's separate from your cell.)

@Hamzoo you just have to wait it out. Stay safe.

Hamzoo

I've rebooted my phone, I've removed the sim and rebooted the phone, I've put in airplane mode.  No luck with any of those options. I don't have another phone or sim available at this time (my husband has gone off to work and will be out of cell range now in any case). 

Telus doesn't show any cell outage on their map.  Ooops, just looked again and that appears to be showing now.  Guess it is a Telus issue.

@michaeltian wrote:

Looks like my first call of each day just couldn't go through. Don't know the reasons:(

It is just due to everyone on their phones these days.

michaeltian

Looks like my first call of each day just couldn't go through. Don't know the reasons:(

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JoyLuck wrote:

@Hamzoo wrote:

No cell service.  The phone says there is no cell service available.  No phone, no text, no data.  I connect to my home wifi.  

Are you in Kalso, BC?

I was just on that site and didn't see that.

lol Kalso. There's no such place. Funny that Telus would spell it that way. Kaslo though... Me thinks it should be Kaslo. Nice little town.

@Hamzoo wrote:

No cell service.  The phone says there is no cell service available.  No phone, no text, no data.  I connect to my home wifi.  

Are you in Kalso, BC?

outage1.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamzoo wrote:

Not sure that it should matter but Moto G4 Plus and a Pixel 3a XL.

We're all customers like you. It's just trying to narrow down possibilities.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamzoo wrote:

How long have you been here? Were the phones bought new? Has anybody (kids) had access to the phones?

@Hamzoo Try to remove your sim from phone. Wait for a min. Put it back and turn on the phone. This will restart your sim. Also, did it happen previously, or it is the first time?

Try rebooting your phone.  If you have another phone then try swapping the sim.

Hamzoo

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check the service outages for Telus.

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

@Hamzoo it would matter if they were the same brand. There may have been a carrier update that affected the service. this seems to be  a PM problem. Try these tricks to restart/ reset your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $2 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on "Account specific question" and  "No I want a human" and "Submit a ticket Click me!")
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there. Once it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing allows the process to continue.
If you need to, you can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email. Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Stay safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hamzoo wrote:

Interior BC.

Ditto. Working fine for me. Although the "interior" is a large area.

What works? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? MMS in/out? Internet browsing?

Hamzoo

Not sure that it should matter but Moto G4 Plus and a Pixel 3a XL.

Hamzoo

Nothing showing on the outage map.  

I've also checked my account and there is not an issue there.

@Hamzoo if you have checked and there is no problem with the accounts, or no outage, what's the make and model of your phone's. Thanks.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Hamzoo  check to see if there's an outage in your area http://outagereport.ca/publicmobile

Hamzoo

Interior BC.

Lemony_Snicket
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What part of the country?  Service is working in Pickering for sure.  I suggest checking the self serve account to make sure everything looks good there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.