cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Reference Letter

Jane_Christiana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get a credit reference letter from Public Mobile for BC Hydro? They need proof that I have paid my bills on time. Many thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Jane_Christiana wrote:

How do I get a credit reference letter from Public Mobile for BC Hydro? They need proof that I have paid my bills on time. Many thanks in advance.

I don't think the Utilities will look at Public Mobile as a valid credit reference.  PM doesn't even verify that the name and address you gave them is actually you so there is no identity verification as well as the other points already listed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Jane_Christiana, I would think if you ask for the past year's invoice, it will show you the monthly payment of you paying for your cell phone monthly plan. So, if you are asking for a year, say April 2018 to April 2019 would show either 12 months (monthly) or 3 months (quarterly) would be a good indicator that you paid on time at the same time approximately.

@Jane_Christiana wrote:

Sorry, but such a letter wouldn't accomplish anything. Since there is no possible way (unless there was a chargeback) to owe Public Mobile money, Public Mobile wouldn't be able to speak about your credit history.  Your bank may be able to assist you, especially if you have a line of credit, mortgage, or a credit card.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jane_Christiana 

Home Internet providers reference, Telus or Shaw, can be used instead of deposit.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SInce PM is pre-paid I am not really sure how you would get a letter.

LIke everyone here has said try contacting a moderator to see if they could do anything for you. Also if the reason they are asking for a letter is because you have no credit history I would look at other options as well

1. Being to make a deposit in lieu of the credit letter or credit check

2. This is not helpful now but could be in the future is to apply for a credit product (risky and you need to know what you are doing) but after a few months of using it (credit card for an example) they would see that you do pay yours bill no time every month so you won't haft to go though this again (if credit is crappy then you can get a secured credit card where you give them a deposit of money and that money will be the credit limit you will have and hold it for collateral if you can't pay it off but after a year they give it back to you and might increase the limit if you proved to them that you pay on time every month) 

3. Use other uttlies bills that you have to show you have paid on time every month or a CC statement saying such

4. Another way you can prove you have paid on time is getting a letter from a landlord saying that you have paid the rent on time each month. Now that would be more helpful for getting to rent another place but it is better then not having anything at all and be worth a shot.

5. Also maybe you can use your bank statement to show that payments have been made to show you have paid on time. Again not ideal but like I said it is better then nothing.

I hope this helps 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Jane_Christiana , one way around utilities credit check is to provide a deposit in lieu of.  It has been a long time since I had to set up an account as an unknown risk to the utilities.  I recall there was that option at least back then.  Anyway, Public Mobile being prepaid isn't going to be useful to the cause.  

The option is still there at least with Fortis here in BC. I've been with BCHydro forever. I used to be with Fortis gas. I was able to pick up that same account several years later getting gas again in another location. Then I got service at yet another location with Fortis Electric who I've never been with. Even though I have business with Fortis as a whole, they wanted either a credit check or a deposit. I chose deposit because I didn't want the credit check hit. I was astounded that they couldn't recognize my history with the gas side. They said they would refund plus whatever minimal interest after a year. So fine.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Jane_Christiana wrote:

I'm not sure you can get a credit letter since it is a prepaid service. You don't actually build credit on a prepaid service. If it was postpaid you could use PM. Another option is to look for other services like water heater or gas bill you have used in the past. 

Still, wouldn't hurt to ask the MODs though, open a ticket with SIMon :

Have a great day. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jane_Christiana , one way around utilities credit check is to provide a deposit in lieu of.  It has been a long time since I had to set up an account as an unknown risk to the utilities.  I recall there was that option at least back then.  Anyway, Public Mobile being prepaid isn't going to be useful to the cause.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think if you pay with your credit card a statement from your credit card company would be proof of your payments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jane_Christiana wrote:

This is a prepaid service. No credit. No credit impact. No bills to not pay. No unpaid grace period. You just don't get service. You don't pay your service stops. You're not contractually obliged to pay. So I'm not sure this is a valid place for a credit reference.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Jane_Christiana You can ask for it from moderators: click on ? on bottom right and follow directions to create a ticket. Mods will help with that.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Jane_Christiana wrote:

I would contact a moderator to see if they can assist you:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.