cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't port wire number

jj4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I could use that number to make phone call, but couldn't receive the calls because the incoming calls still go to the old phone. I have submit the same issues a week ago online, but have not get any response yet. I am using iPhone 6s Plus. The number belongs to Fernatics, but it seems they didn't get the port-out request. Could someone help on it? Thanks. 

5 REPLIES 5

jj4

How long will it take to port a new wireless number? Thanks. 

@jj4 Yes, just log into your account and click on Change Number. Be sure to clear your browser's cache and turn off any ad/pop blocker.

Then send another message to the moderators to cancel your port-in. See the solution in this thread:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Cancel-porting-in-number/m-p/53277#M84...

If you do that, don't forget to cancel your old account; especially if you were on autopay.

Another option if you prefer to wait is an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi, or cellular data. Incoming SMS is free.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jj4

If I don't want to wait.. could I change to a new wireless number chosen from the list provided by PM? Thanks. 

eazybelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to hear. From what you've described, sounds like the port is incomplete. You'd have to get the mods to complete the port. If you've already messaged the mods, I guess all you can do is wait.

Good luck.

jheili99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi..

a known issue that porting wired numbers is much more time consuming and more complicated as porting a wireless number.....can take a few weeks for that to happen ( as written many times in a community forum....just search term porting landline ....

currently there is still a huge backlog so expect some longer wait times......

cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.