cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costs - Calling a local number while that person is out of town?

drielle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone! As with most people, I have the 12 GB promo from back in November, which only includes provincial-wide calling. I was just wondering - if I call a local number while that person is in another province, will I be billed as long distance? I have a feeling that I do, so I just wanted to confirm.

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@drielle wrote:

I have the 12 GB promo from back in November, which only includes provincial-wide calling. I was just wondering - if I call a local number while that person is in another province, will I be billed as long distance?

No, of course not.  The person you are calling doing some traveling cannot and does not somehow turn a local number into long distance.

In fact, the only person who could possibly be charged long distance would be the other person receiving the call, if he/she is outside the local calling area of the phone number that he/she has.  But, that's really no concern of yours.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@drielle, you will be able to make this call without a long distance add on.  Now if the person you are calling is also a PM customer and doesn't have LD they will not receive the call.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

drielle

This chart is great! Thanks so much!

pchan

Here's a great explanation of what you can do 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dist...

I read that it is based on the area code. If it is an area code with in your province you will be able to call it even if the phone is physically outside the province. If you can't PM will tell you you need a long distance pack before connecting. However, it is subject to the receivers ability to receive the call as well.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

no you will not be charged for long distence since you are calling a local number.  you only get carged if you call an out of province number ad if you have the long distence add on

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Since PM is a prepaid service, there is no possibility of being charged extra without paying for it beforehand.  You just miight not be able to reach that person while they are out of the province however.  This depends on the receiving person's calling plan.  If they are able to receive calls while out of their home province, then you'll be able to reach them.  If not, you'll likely get their voice mail.  Either way, you won't be charged long distance.

Need Help? Let's chat.