Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant SMS (Text) Issues In Last 2 Weeks

romeski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

It seems for about the last 2 weeks I am having text issues. I am experiencing:

1) 2FA (2 factor authentication) from multiple services are taking an extremely long time to be received. 

2) Sending and receiving text are delayed, or fail. 

In both cases, the issue is intermitted but happening frequently enough.

I have re-seated my SIM card and restarted my phone. The issue still occurs. It seems sometimes when it happens I can text one person fine, but texting another the text is stuck trying to send. Sometimes it fails and I have to resend it. 

Any suggestions, or ideas how to fix it?

13 REPLIES 13

@romeski   let us know how it get resolved. 

romeski

Thanks all, lots of great suggestions. 

I will try opening a ticket. I've tried the resets (except for a factory reset) and disabling RCS. 

I do get issues with calls too. Thanks again, I will try the ticket route for now.

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes i have found it very irritating to have chat features turned on automatically on my phone as well. Then it takes a while figure out how to turn them back off again. But I have no issues with my texting once I turn chat features off.

@romeski 

Are you using the android google chat feature?  RCS messages.  If you are using, might want to try to turn it off.  Some customers have had issues with RCS messages in the past.  RCS messages requires working data also.  Some customers also had this feature turned on automatically with phone updates.  

I would try another phone if possible to rule out hardware issue versus PM service.  Other option would be a factory reset of the phone (last resort).  

@romeski   There was incoming call and  text issue with PM on the last week or two.  Many of them were able to resolve it themselves with putting the SIM on another phone.

If it still fail, please open a ticket with PM:

To open a ticket with Customer Support Agent, click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Enter your question in SIMon. Follow the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button,

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to CS_Agents (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Unless your phone and SIM are fast deterioration, I doubt it is hardware failure. And why would network setting suddenly failed if they were working as expected all this time?

It could be issue in your area; how about voice calls? Can you call/receive them without any issues?

romeski

So I tried the cache reset, and been monitoring it for a bit now. The issue still exists intermittently. I have not tried another phone yet as I need to get my hands on one. 

.. and network reset

1. Step 1: Swipe down the notification panel twice from the home screen and click the “Settings (Cog)” icon.
  2. Step 2: Scroll down at the end and click “System”.
  3. Step 3: Click “Advanced”.
  4. Step 4: Click “Reset options”.
  5. Step 5: Click “Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, and Bluetooth”.
  6. Step 6: Click “Reset settings”.

Step 7: Enter the PIN or Password or Draw a pattern lock.

8. click on Reset Settings again

@romeski 

clear cache: 

1. Open Settings and select Storage.
  2. In the resulting list, tap the Other Apps entry. ...
  3. Choose the app whose cache you want to clear. ...
  4. On the app's info page, tap the Clear Cache option.

romeski

@hTideGnow 

I had the issue last as early as this morning (after the weekend). 

It has been occurring like this on and off for a few weeks.

I will see if I can get a second phone ready and hot for putting the SIM in to try the next time the issue occurs.

Thanks!

romeski

@JK8 

Sorry, which setting do you want reset and cache cleared? I am running Android 11 if it helps.

There are no updates for my phone currently.

The next time it happens I will try another phone. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@romeski there has been some system issue on the PM side in the past weekend.  It should have resolved already

if you still have issue, try to change the network to 3G ONLY and see how it goes

if you have a second phone , try to put the PM SIM in that 2nd phone and test

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@romeski 

Can you reset your network settings and clear the cache in your message app and reboot. Can you also see if there are any updates for your phone.

Can you also try your sim in another unlocked phone? This will help determine whether account vs phone issue.

Need Help? Let's chat.