cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering moving is there service in my new location

HeatherM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can I ask a question totally off of your topic? 

Hope so

I want to move away from Edmonton, AB. I want to move to a place called Ogema SK.

The location is about 25 miles south of Regina. Would I be able to take my plan with me?

I have the 30.00 plan. I think it's 20.00 for the internet connection and 10.00 for the usage of my equipment. Since I've activated I used my phone, but I've still not used the first 2gbs that comes with the plan. 

If Public is interested in my usage. I guess mgmt would be able to look at that any time. 

I would appreciate an answer please?

Heather 

9 REPLIES 9

@Korth wrote:

From what I can see (from BC) on the SaskTel website, all of their wireless plans and all of their home plans have Canada-wide calling.

True for SaskTel Mobility, but not for SaskTel landlines without any added calling features, so there's always the possibility of occasional grief for locals in Ogema/Pangman calling you...

From what I can see (from BC) on the SaskTel website, all of their wireless plans and all of their home plans have Canada-wide calling.

I'm guessing that most people in SK subscribe to SaskTel. So they'll be able to call numbers from "long distance" Canadian number blocks without issue (unless they're still holding onto some kind of legacy plan restricted to local/province calling).

So I'm guessing that it's smarter to keep your original number. Most people in your new SK home shouldn't have problems dialing it, everybody in your old not-SK home will still be able to dial you even without Canada-wide calling.

Public Mobile allows you to change your number at no cost once every 30 day anyhow. You can always get a new number. But you can (almost) never get your old number back once you've switched away from it.

So I think it's better to keep your existing number and change it to a SK-local number only if the people who call your number are being too inconvenienced.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Heya @HeatherM !

I live that 25 miles north of Ogema in Regina. 🙂

You should have GREAT coverage with Public Mobile in Ogema, as Public Mobile (Telus) uses SaskTel's towers in Saskatchewan. There is a tower serving both 3G HSPA@850Mhz and LTE@850Mhz right in town, perfect for Public Mobile's 3G calling. 🙂

SaskTel's local exchange of Ogema shares phone numbers based out of Pangman. This is traditionally long distance to/from Regina, but you could change your Public Mobile number to a Regina number if you like, which is probably what many locals do. It appears only SaskTel Mobility and Bell Mobility have numbers in Pangman, but not Telus, so that means also not for Public Mobile. If you got a home phone land line in Ogema, it would be long distance to call your cell phone's regina number without a long distance plan.

Cheers!

You're welcome,  @HeatherM 

You may wish to consider changing your number to a more local one (you can do that easily on your self serve account) - however if you're attached to your current one and most of the calling you make and receive is from folks with long distance plans included, you need not worry.

HeatherM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I could give you 5 bravos for you reply, I would.

Thanks Heather

@HeatherM wrote:

Hope so

I want to move away from Edmonton, AB. I want to move to a place called Ogema SK.

The location is about 25 miles south of Regina. Would I be able to take my plan with me?

I have the 30.00 plan. I think it's 20.00 for the internet connection and 10.00 for the usage of my equipment. Since I've activated I used my phone, but I've still not used the first 2gbs that comes with the plan. 

If Public is interested in my usage. I guess mgmt would be able to look at that any time. 

There is network coverage in Ogema, Saskatchewan. However, if you keep your Edmonton phone number, people calling from Ogema will be needing to make a long distance calls if they're calling you from Ogema.  If you choose to change your number, I don't see any numbers availiable for Ogema. I do see numbers available for Weyburn.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Yes,  @HeatherM , public mobile services work in Ogema, Saskatchewan.

Screenshot_20210211-153302_Chrome.jpg

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@HeatherM wrote:

Hope so

I would appreciate an answer please?

Heather 

You should look at the coverage map for Ogema to ensure you will get a signal with Telus.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeatherM : Public Mobile works nation-wide. The only thing you might want to do is change your number to a "local" number.

Need Help? Let's chat.