cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection on cypress mountain?

abbytreasures
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My family is up on cypress mountain and we can't get a connection with the public mobile service but all our Roger's phones work.  Suggestions?

11 REPLIES 11

abbytreasures

Thanks, I'm new to the community and have greatly appreciated all the advice and help so far.  🙂

That's great! Glad you got it figured out. Didn't make a lot of sense that close to Vancouver. Thanks for reporting back!

AE_Collector

abbytreasures

Played with a bunch of settings as suggested and this last week at Cypress the phone did work. Not sure if it was the changes or not, but it works now. Thanks all!

abbytreasures

It was outdoors.

If Rogers has service there is no chance that TELUS doesn't have service. Also, TELUS and Bell don't share towers everywhere.

I keep hearing about PM using 3G for voice (I think) but if TELUS only has 4G LTE there you may not get service on PM. Not sure if you check your settings on the phone to allow LTE rather than 3G only? 

The possibility exists that your phone doesn't support the band that TELUS is using there too presumably. 

AE_Collector

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@abbytreasures wrote:

My family is up on cypress mountain and we can't get a connection with the public mobile service but all our Roger's phones work.  Suggestions?

If you know someone ther that is with Telus/Koodo, or Bell (or its other brands), and THOSE phones work, then your PM phone should work.  Bell and Telus share their towers...

Telus and Koodo plans has extended coverage.which  is a free roaming using Rogers tower.  But the extended coverage is not included with PM plans.  Therefore, if Cypress Mountain does not have Telus network coverage, PM Plan will not work at Cypress Mountain.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@abbytreasures  Are you trying to receive reception indoors or outside? Telus/Bell supposedly has broader coverage in rural and remote areas, whereas I heard Rogers may have slightly better coverage inside buildings

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@abbytreasures  It's the nature of the beast.... I have a similar situation, in that, at home, my signal strength on PM, or any variant of Telus or Bell, is pretty weak, whereas it's fine with any variant of Rogers(Rogers, Fido, Chatr). Even though the Telus/Bell working partnership covers a significantly larger area of the country, there's certain places that they lag behind. 👎 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@abbytreasures wrote:

If you know someone ther that is with Telus/Koodo, or Bell (or its other brands), and THOSE phones work, then your PM phone should work.  Bell and Telus share their towers...

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Must be the snow..lol

telemonster

1. wait couple years 

2. switch to Rogers

3. do not use cell phone anymore

Need Help? Let's chat.