cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation texts

Public201907
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I just joined a few months ago and my phone has since been lost.  I am wondering if any of my personal information was sent to my phone via text messages from Public Mobile.  Such as my name etc.  I am concerned my personal information could get in the wrong hands

5 REPLIES 5

Have you tried to find the phone with your device’s built in software?  You did set that up right?

Have you attempted to call your number to find it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dunkman 

An initial activation text from "611" contains the PIN you set up.

If one receives email on ones phone then there's the welcome email.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Public201907 

Public mobile texts don't contain any significant personal information.  

Did you report your phone lost or stolen in your self service account?  This will stop your service and stop further payments if on autopay.  

You could also contact moderator to put phone on the national registry for lost/stolen phones.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Public201907 wrote:

Hello I just joined a few months ago and my phone has since been lost.  I am wondering if any of my personal information was sent to my phone via text messages from Public Mobile.  Such as my name etc.  I am concerned my personal information could get in the wrong hands

@Public201907  You should login to your self serve account and report your phone as lost/stolen immediately. What type of phone did you lose?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Public201907 wrote:

Your PIN goes out by text. A welcome email gets sent too.

Need Help? Let's chat.