cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditions apply

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, another thread.

The text says at the end "Conditions apply".

What are the conditions please?

17 REPLIES 17

prasprime
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What If the small Tab device comes with $100 Gift card ?

Thank you. I also have 10 sim cards from Public mobile, can i return that ? 

I bought to refer my friends? That no longer useful. 

koimr1

@marsbarwrote:

Could you clarify what hurdles are required in order to secure the $100 bill credit?

For many people this will be compensation for the loss of money from the no-refund for unused services policies of Public Mobile and I've seen rumours that this is only available if you get a new phone or start a tab or port a number or damage your credit score with a credit inquiry (all things that I'm not certain that I want to do).

No conditions for the credit!

I just paid for the next three month plan renew 2 weeks ago and what happens if I move to Koodo

marsbar

Could you clarify what hurdles are required in order to secure the $100 bill credit?

For many people this will be compensation for the loss of money from the no-refund for unused services policies of Public Mobile and I've seen rumours that this is only available if you get a new phone or start a tab or port a number or damage your credit score with a credit inquiry (all things that I'm not certain that I want to do).

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jzmtlwrote:

Essentially you have to buy a new phone and unlimited call isn't unlimited.

Here is the fine print from Koodo when I try to use their promo code.
  • Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.
The requirements to get the $100 credit:
  • Must upgrade on a Tab to redeem this offer.

They way I understand it is that the unlimited local calling from 5pm - 8am is point 3 in the conditions. The $40 deal says "Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes" with no conditions. If you look at the plan above the $40, which costs $30, it has this:

"Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)3

It has point 3 as a condition.

So the $40 plan is really unlimited canada-wide ANYTIME minutes.

But seeing as how the big 3 operate, I would screenshot the entire koodo website as proof later on down the road when they feel they can scew customers over as PM has.

koimr1

@MarieHelene_Lwrote:

Hi @koimr1

Here are the conditions; 

• Offer is valid Nationwide.
  • Must be a targeted customer.
  • Customers are only eligible for the offer they were contacted for.
  • Available on No Tab and Tab Small based on the outcome of the credit check and offer.
  • Accounts that are blacklisted are not eligible for any Tab offers.
  • Not stackable with any other targeted Koodo offers.
  • Offers can be redeemed:
    • Online at koo.do/gocustomer-service customers must input both the promo and validation code.
    • All Koodo locations with the applicable promo code.
  • Promo code is case sensitive
  • Customer’s phone number must be ported over to a Koodo monthly plan.

Thank you 🙂

Marie

Thank you Marie for the response.

Is there any word on the EXACT details of what we would be getting with Koodo? Unlimited Canada wide but only during certain times? Etc?

There is a ton of confusion here which is probably why people are upset. Nobody knows exactly what they might be getting into.

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Really though, it seems so backwards... 

@koimr1wrote:

@jparwrote:

How many daytime minutes does it come with?

I cannot believe I might have to go back to that...

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @koimr1

Here are the conditions; 

• Offer is valid Nationwide.
  • Must be a targeted customer.
  • Customers are only eligible for the offer they were contacted for.
  • Available on No Tab and Tab Small based on the outcome of the credit check and offer.
  • Accounts that are blacklisted are not eligible for any Tab offers.
  • Not stackable with any other targeted Koodo offers.
  • Offers can be redeemed:
    • Online at koo.do/gocustomer-service customers must input both the promo and validation code.
    • All Koodo locations with the applicable promo code.
  • Promo code is case sensitive
  • Customer’s phone number must be ported over to a Koodo monthly plan.

Thank you 🙂

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

koimr1

@jparwrote:

I cannot believe I might have to go back to that....

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

marsbar

Seriously? I do not want a Tab. I just bought an amzing unlocked phone that I love.

jzmtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh and if you buy a phone from Koodo, you only qualify for small tab.

koimr1

Thanks @closng and @jzmtl.

Not very enticing.

C'mon @CS_Agent, some clarity please on this.

closng

Hi @koimr1,

Based on what someone posted on reddit, these were the conditions for the "switch offer" that was sent out last week, and as you can see, it is really *not* unlimited and there are restrictions on getting the $100 credit:

• Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.
  • Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.
  • Unlimited local calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday. For Canada-wide plan, unlimited Canada-wide calling from 5pm to 8am, Monday through Thursday, and 5pm Friday to 8am Monday.
  • Rate plan available for Manitoba and Saskatchewan residents with Manitoba & Saskatchewan area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
  • Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
  • Calls must be made and completed within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account.

• Subject to credit approval.
  • While supplies last.
  • Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply.

jzmtl

Essentially you have to buy a new phone and unlimited call isn't unlimited.

• Roaming rates apply outside of Canada. Included data does not roll over at the end of each month.
  • Includes international text messages sent and received anywhere in Canada. Availability of service will vary by country and is subject to change without notice. Excludes premium and subscription-based messages. Additional data charges apply depending on picture size when roaming in the U.S. and internationally. Picture messaging is supported by BlackBerry smartphone with a SIM card only if a BlackBerry is added to a Koodo plan or a Koodo data plan is chosen. Picture messaging works only if data is turned on.
  • Rate plan available for Manitoba and Saskatchewan residents with Manitoba & Saskatchewan area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
  • Rate plan available for Quebec residents with Quebec area codes only. Subscribers moving to another province will be transferred to an applicable rate plan for that location.
  • Calls must be made and completed within Canada. Applies to calls made between phones on the same account.
  • Subject to credit approval.
  • While supplies last.
  • Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply.

koimr1

I know, for all we know the conditions might be super-sweet or something. Although I am not gonna hold out any hope of that.

v3nice

@koimr1wrote:

Yes, another thread.

The text says at the end "Conditions apply".

What are the conditions please?

Koodo conditions. e.g. must upgrade to tab

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

No idea why they did not think to post an annoucement for this.

Need Help? Let's chat.