Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerning 20 $ referral

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am paying for my dad and managing it through public mobile 

Will the referal bonus apply ?

Keep in mind I pay for it under my name and account but I lend the SIM card too my 80 year old dad.

My dad recently purchased an impulse phone with higher monthly fee so I am on the case NOW

21 REPLIES 21

kentsceviour
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The fraud lockout has happened to me in the past, not with Public Mobile but a similar situation. I think the staggered payments is a good idea. Either that or notify your credit card company in advance so they can flag it as legitimate transactions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

what do you mean stagger?the charges 

I will have same name for each new email total  3 activation s

I meant that if you setup accounts using the same payment card to pay via autopay on the same night then there might be an assumption of fraud happening.

The payment card would see a charge for $16.95 once. Ok. But at nearly the same time another charge for $16.95. And again at nearly the same time yet another charge for $16.95. It would begin to wonder and maybe lock it out thinking a fraud is happening.

By stagger I meant activate each successive account on a different day to avoid that possibility.

dboxtvinfo715

what do you mean stagger?the charges 

I will have same name for each new email total  3 activation s

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

same name and same credit card info but different email accounts. Will this work?  It's too bad we cannot have multiple numbers under one email / its lazy programming if I may say

Some say it would be wise to stagger the charges made to the payment card so as not to trigger any fraud lockouts.

But yes.

Many have asked and wondered but here we are.

dboxtvinfo715

Your  a genius for realizing that.

I don't need too go through all this verification I will create, another email but all accounts will be autopay with same name and same credit card info but different email accounts.  It's too bad we cannot have multiple numbers under one email / its lazy programming 

dboxtvinfo715

same name . credit payment for auto pay? 

dboxtvinfo715

same name and same credit card info but different email accounts. Will this work?  It's too bad we cannot have multiple numbers under one email / its lazy programming if I may say

dboxtvinfo715

Information is not valid

@dboxtvinfo715 

Please do not post your information here.  I have removed the pictures from your messages, but you still need to remvoe them from your  Community profile.  Please go into My Profile, My Photos, All Images, and then remove the pictures from your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Private Messages
To: Moderator_Team Moderator
Sent: ‎12-12-2019 01:32 PM

Re: hi I will transfer soon
hi, I am trying too setup a second and third SIM activation for my parents and receive bonus , all must be under xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Here is my attempt too activate my second SIM.

The system won't accept

View all Next

Get Started
Check Your Phone
Order a SIM Card
Find a store
Activate a SIM Card
Our Plans
Coverage Maps
Rewards
Loyalty
AutoPay
Refer a Friend
Help the Community
Community
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
My Account
Create Account
Visit Account
Get Help
Ask a Question
Privacy & Legal
Service Terms
E911 Service
CRTC Wireless Code
Career

And this is the open forum...not the private messaging area.

dboxtvinfo715

As long  as I can  use same credit card auto payment for all 3 accounts with 3 different emails , its lazy programming what a about those like myself who will need 5 activation s

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 

Every account needs a unique email address.

dboxtvinfo715

Public Mobile

Browse

dboxtvinfo715
Public Mobile Community

Private Messages

hi, I am trying too setup a second and third SIM activation for my parents and receive bonus , all must be under xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx .

The system won't accept

View all Next

Get Started
Check Your Phone
Order a SIM Card
Find a store
Activate a SIM Card
Our Plans
Coverage Maps
Rewards
Loyalty
AutoPay
Refer a Friend
Help the Community
Community
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
My Account
Create Account
Visit Account
Get Help
Ask a Question
Privacy & Legal
Service Terms
E911 Service
CRTC Wireless Code
Careers

dboxtvinfo715

Public Mobile

Browse

dboxtvinfo715
Public Mobile Community

Private Messages

hi, I am trying too setup a second and third SIM activation for my parents and receive bonus , all must be under xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx

The system won't accept

View all Next

Get Started
Check Your Phone
Order a SIM Card
Find a store
Activate a SIM Card
Our Plans
Coverage Maps
Rewards
Loyalty
AutoPay
Refer a Friend
Help the Community
Community
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Youtube
My Account
Create Account
Visit Account
Get Help
Ask a Question
Privacy & Legal
Service Terms
E911 Service
CRTC Wireless Code
Careers

edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

messages from two different places merged into one thread

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

Before I accept solution 

Keep in mind-- I use same payment method-- same name. Sounds great if this is the case I have my mom also who pays for overpriced cell !

Trust me, I have 5 accounts, same credit card, same name on the account and I am getting referral credits for the self referrals.  All accounts are treated as separate and distinct.  There is no interaction other than with respect to using the referral code.  By all means, bring over the family and friends too. 

Yes same name and address, I did the same for my mom and her sister and got the bonus. Enjoy:) best cell provider ever totally opposite of Rogers or bell that always sent bigger or it looks like somebody else's bill

dboxtvinfo715

Before I accept solution 

Keep in mind-- I use same payment method-- same name. Sounds great if this is the case I have my mom also who pays for overpriced cell !

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dboxtvinfo715 , the $20 referral bonus will be issued regardless of who is referred including one self.  So if you set up a new account and use an existing accout to refer, the existing account will receive the $20 referral bonus.  The names on the two account are immaterial. 

dboxtvinfo715

I don't want too refer anyone but pay activation of new Sim ----will I get a referral bonus too myself? 

Example

I am paying for my dad but manage it here on my account ? 

Do I get referal bonus!

Email me I will eventually respond 

dboxtvinfo715

I don't want too refer anyone but pay activation of new Sim ----will I get a referral bonus too myself?

Need Help? Let's chat.