cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Competition from Rogers

@LurganIeUk 

Paid shill? But to what end? If the product doesn't exist then why say anything about it?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk

The postpaid plans aren't bad if you're willing to pay big for heavy data.

Although there are hidden costs.

$45 Setup Service Fee (unavoidable because promo is only available in-store).

$10 Rogers SIM card. Or $15 Rogers eSIM (lol, no comment).

$9.99/month for six months of "free" Apple Music, whether you want it or not, isn't optional.

And must purchase a hardware upgrade from Rogers, a bad thing if you don't want one of their new toys, a good thing if you do. 24 month contract no matter how you work it.

Plus taxes on all the above, of course.

I see in the fine print that they're upgraded their throttled "Infinite/Unlimited" data to 512kbps. At least for these plans. That's actually a useful speed for anything other than video streaming, heavy gaming, and obese websites.

I also see a curious note that in Vancouver the data service is only available 10am to 8pm every day (excluding stat holidays), "unless otherwise specified". There might be similar notes for people browsing from other locations. I guess Rogers hasn't quite finished their full network upgrade yet.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alhasani wrote:

It’s brought to my attention from a friend that Rogers is offering 9GB data plan instead of Public mobile 5GB plan fir the same price. How public mobile can help us on this before taking decision to switch to Rogers. Thanks 

Public Mobile isn't going to compete directly with Rogers Wireless. I don't expect that Public Mobile would do anything plan-wise unless Chatr or Luck offers something new. Sadly, Public Mobile has been lagging behind lately in both plans and promotions.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Paid shill? But to what end? If the product doesn't exist then why say anything about it?

No, a SD. 

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Edit - deleted - sorry replied to wrong topic.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Nezgar 

So my take-away is that you're Alhasani 🙂

here now

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For people that use more data the new promo plans from Koodo and the like are pretty good... Especially when you consider they are un throttled LTE and have voice over LTE etc which public Mobile doesn't offer. On the low usage end where I am pm is still better imo but it would be nice to see competitiveness on that front more. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@Nezgar 

here now

Or? Where is @gblackma 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Nezgar 

here now

Or? Where is @gblackma 

No one knows.

He did somehow miraculously manage to get top 1% for September with 10 days work though. Not sure how that can be right.

Oh well. This place works in mysterious ways.

My post was in reply to Nezgar's post about Rogers which he then deleted and then I put in the link to his original to give it some context. Just goofin' around that's all.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 Do you have Private Messages turned off?

Need Help? Let's chat.