cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community participation names? E.g. Great Neighbour

Alissa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can someone please explain to me the difference between the participation names. For example: great neighbour, good citizen, etc.?

15 REPLIES 15

Weldorman

@buiya 

Can't say I agree with that one.  Who wants to aspire to be a pointy-headed horse?

Weldorman

@Daps 

There should be a few more titles after Mayor, but I think Grand Poobah and President For Life have been used somewhere else.  All suggestions are welcome.

Weldorman

@darlicious 

No, no, no!   No accident.  Just thinking "Hero" is more a fortunate circumstance than a deliberate act, but however you get it, it's OK in my book.

Keep grinning...I know I am.

@Daps  I agree. Once you become mayor theres a glass cieling you cant break through unless an oracle retires....wheres all that ambition supposed to go once you become mayor and a slave to lobbyists and fat cats?

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Since it's all window dressing.

How about more upper tier titles like premier, ambassador, el presidente, ceo ...?

@buiya wrote:

can't wait to get Unicorn status! 🤪

@buiya  So you'll be a figment of your own imagination?

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

can't wait to get Unicorn status! 🤪

@Weldorman  Are you saying I was an accident? I'm pretty sure I was PLANNED!.......ok wait....

I just got off the phone with my mom and I was an accident! She really didn't want to have kids but back in those days....

But still with all my public mobile community college courses under my belt...ok I knew it just like when all those town floozies showed up there was a typo. Town Zero it is. Thx a lot!

Weldorman

Here's my take on your Community ranking names.....

New In Town              Congratulations!  You've decided to join PM!  Every community needs new people to grow.

Great Neighbor          You've settled in, and are getting used to your new Community

Good Citizen              Now, you've probably decided to participate, and get more involved.

Great Citizen              Lots of involvement, definitely trying to help

Model Citizen             I've got to look at this with a bit of suspicion.  Being a Great Citizen is one thing, but I bet a Model Citizen has more than a few skeletons in his closet somewhere.

Town Hero                  Becoming a Hero is more an accident than anything else.  It's kind of doing the right thing at the right time, not intentional, but laudable.

Deputy Mayor             Okay, now this person has aspirations.  Thats OK, but you should keep an eye on them.....you may be a target.

Oracle                         I bow down before these people of almost mystical wisdom and never-ending solutions.  Far, far beyond anything I would be able to do.

Mayor                          I've saved this out of order and last, because I have an issue with this.  We are only one community, and therefore there should be ONLY ONE.  A warning...should I become Mayor, eveyone else who is currently Mayor will either have to move up or down in ranking in order to leave me as sole Mayor.  As was said in an old movie, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.

There's my thought on the ranking situation.  How does that sit with where you are?

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire
@SD08 couldn't have explained it any better. Best explanation ever.

Agreed with @SD08
It's just a way to make us feel good and its also get upgrade by time to time with of course depend on your contrition as well everything counts I guess but rewards are same except Oracle lets say if I am a mayor but not contributing at all for 2 months I won't get any rewards if I don't use community forum that doesn't matter that I m a mayor position
For sure you just feel good when you see yourself getting move on to next badge I guess
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Alissa

Thank you @SD08 that was exactly what I was looking for 🙂

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Alissa Think of it as a ladder, you start from the bottom as a "great neighbor" and you work your way up as you participate more and more. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I believe they are based on participation and lenght of time.  i think there is a post somewhere discussing will see if i can find it.  

see above post:)

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

FYI, the various community rankings/titles such as great citizen, town hero , mayor, deputy mayor, etc. don't make a difference in your community reward, with the sole exception of Oracle. Your community rewards are based on your total contribution statistics such as topics started, replies made, bravos received, bravos given, solutions authored, solutions accepted, lab ideas posted, etc. Only PM knows the formula by which these are all evaluated.

The community rankings/titles are mostly feel-good window dressing. Some are achieved based on time, others are based on how many posts you've made, still others on a combination of both.

Here's a thread discussing them:

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/My-ranking-went-up/m-p/141769#M45624

Need Help? Let's chat.