Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_J
Public Mobile

Re: Community Technical Issues

(Tagging @Cat_L into this convo too.)

Thanks for the heads-up @NDesai.

Yes, in some cases we have more to say as far as Announcements and it the # of posts does overwhelm the section. @Cat_L did remove some of the posts last night so it should be looking better this morning. 

For the 'more than 5' request for the Latest Posts and Latest Solution section, we can certainly change this to a larger number. One thing we like to consider is our users that access the Community with a mobile device, so the page scroll might get too large if we increase to say 10 posts in those sections. Happy to make the change if we get consensus that larger numbers of posts in these sections is a good thing.

Thanks

David_J

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@David_J 

I dislike the mobile version but I also don't like the "desktop" version as shown by @NDesai . I always keep my tablet in "portrait" so that it looks like this....

Spoiler
Screenshot_20210215-150258.pngScreenshot_20210215-150320.pngScreenshot_20210215-150336.pngScreenshot_20210215-150349.pngScreenshot_20210215-150403.png
Mitchbw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still have no active sim. What do i have to do. Im almost ready to give up and move on

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchbw : Have you managed to submit a ticket to the moderators as mentioned in your other thread(s)? That's the only way currently.

Mitchbw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes ive submitted tickets ive changed my password several times. Iv done everything. And its still isnt working. I realize its kind of a new issue so im being patient. But its getting harder not gonna lie. Am i suppose to do something else or is it out of my control now??

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchbw : Have you looked to the envelope icon upper right to see numbers over it indicating messages? If so you need to click it to open messages and respond. But if they haven't responded then that's pretty poor. There's not much you can. Since they took away the ability to change it yourself with a new SIM, all you can do is wait. Or something else rather more drastic. ie. totally new account or move elsewhere. Lousy options if you're sufficiently happy here.

You could use voip apps like TextNow in the meantime while on wifi. It does talk and text.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mitchbw 

Are you just trying to change your sim card? Anyhow send a private message....put "change sim card" in the subject line and follow this method.....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times seem to have improved as I waited 10 whole minutes the other day but under an hour is a reasonable expectation.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai 

Has anyone informed @David_J about the issues today with posting replies and the lack of notifications?

Edit: See here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Reply-Problem/m-p/669975

NDesai
Oracle

@darlicious wrote:

@NDesai 

Has anyone informed @David_J about the issues today with posting replies and the lack of notifications?

I don't think so. Thanks for reporting. David will get to it when he sees it. 

EDIT: seems to be ok now.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

David_J
Public Mobile

@darlicious @Karthik_H 

Thanks for the heads up - and I am glad everything seems to have returned to working normally. I did take a look at https://status.khoros.com/ and they're not reporting anything out of the normal (doesn't mean it wasn't though).

David_J

Need Help? Let's chat.