Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

@Anonymous 

I edited my post in this thread no problem....so its a french bug!😉 But if you notice you still have a space in your second w/autopay....w /autopay.

@Anonymous 

I don't know how google translate works it pops up and does its thing. I don't have this issue on the english side just the french side. Then again I haven't tried editing the same post in this thread to see if I get the same result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Why would I use Google Translate when I'm writing in English anyway coming from an EMT writer/speaker? I'm confused. My post was one shot. Not edited.

Edit: I edited...nothing

@Anonymous 

Okay I figured it out...it is lost in translation. When google translates it google puts the spaces in w/autopay to w / autopay. If you try to edit it google again translates it with spaces but then the system won't let you post even after google or the system corrects it. Try to edit your post back to w/autopay and you should get the same result.

Screenshot_20210605-171555.png

@Anonymous 

Aha...now I get it. I don't see what else I did to cause the warning and its inability to post after editing and reverting it to its original form. That's why I thought it might be " lost in translation". Maybe I will try editing again to see if I get the same result.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : I'm a little confused by your post. So I tried. Both came out fine.

@Anonymous 

....and your point being?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : w/autopay , w / autopay

edit:... down thread...this is edited. Let's see what if anything happens.

edit:...nothing

@David_J 

Hmmmm....maybe this is something lost in translation. But I posted the following post on the french side. When rereading I noticed the spaces  in "w / autopay" and edited my post to read "w/autopay" which I recieved a red warning to correct the invalid html. This system autocorrected the edited changes but still would not let me post even after I deleted and retyped the original warning. I copy and pasted the unpostable post as follows....let see if the english side lets me post it?!!

If you cannot wait til your plan renews to use your data you have three choices. Depending on how long it is until your renewal date will be a deciding factor in what choice you make ....

1. Purchase a data add on. $ 5 / 200mb or $ 15 / 1gb. Data add ons are a one time purchase and remain on your account until completely consumed. If you only need a small amount of data until renewal this may be your best choice. Any data not used by the time of your renewal will roll over and stay unused until you run out of plan data again before your 30 day cycle is finished. It will then supplement your plan data until renewal. Once completely consumed the data add on will disappear from your accounts overview and add ons page.
  2. Renew your plan early. If you have less than a week remaining in your current cycle and you used more than your normal amount of data this cycle then this option may be for you. To use this option you must contact the moderators to request that they renew your plan early. You cannot do this yourself. If you are on a grandfathered plan or a specific promotion that changing your plan would cause you to lose the promotion or your grandfathered plan then option # 1 and this option (# 2) will be your only choices as option # 3 could have unintended consequences .
  3. Change your plan to a different plan with more data. You can do this within your self serve account by choosing the new plan you desire and choosing "change plan now / immediately".

All options require you to add the necessary funds first before changing plans or purchasing add ons or requesting an early plan renewal. Options # 2 and # 3 you will lose any remaining days left on your current plan and a new 30 day cycle will begin. Your rewards will not apply until the following 30 day cycle.

Note: Public mobile recently updated the the $ 35 plan to 3gb w/autopay and the $ 50 plan to 10.5gb w / autopay. If you decide to wait until your next renewal for your plan data to resume you may want to schedule a "change plan on next renewal" if you are on one of these older plans or if you feel another plan with more data appeals to you.

Edit: no problem posting on this side.....weird?!!

@David_J 

Here's a new one:  I just received notification of bravos received and the notification has a date of June 4, 2021. Howver, the bravos were given to me in August of 2020.

@David_J 

May I know what is the rule for the system to "banned" messages and moved it to Unmoderated items?

For most cases, I notice replies with URLs could cause the issue

I also had experience with  email addresses , i was trying to show what an alias email address is

I also have experience with no URL and no email, very simply reply got trapped there:

softech_0-1622662081606.png

Also, the Edit feature within Unmoderated box looks useless, once a email is "trapped" there no matter what I did, removing the URL, email address, etc, I can never get the message out of the Unmoderated box.

Kindly look into the issue and advise.  I would love to know how to avoid the traps in the future  🙂

@David_J 

Here's a new one that I've been noticing for a few days.  All messages in the "Community" category, at least for me, are always marked as previously read even if the thread/posts are brand new.  My Community account is set to only mark mesaagses as read after it has been looked at.  Currently, it appears to be only this one category that is giving me this issue.

@David_J 

Thanks for checking in.....the issues seem to have corrected themselves. Just an FYI my last notification was at 4:23 am pst and returned at 9:09am pst but there was no "catch up" of missing notifications coming in like in the past. All seems normal now.....

Edit: I see I reported the issue one minute before it fixed itself....lol!

@darlicious @Karthik_H 

Thanks for the heads up - and I am glad everything seems to have returned to working normally. I did take a look at https://status.khoros.com/ and they're not reporting anything out of the normal (doesn't mean it wasn't though).

David_J

@darlicious wrote:

@NDesai 

Has anyone informed @David_J about the issues today with posting replies and the lack of notifications?

I don't think so. Thanks for reporting. David will get to it when he sees it. 

EDIT: seems to be ok now.

@NDesai 

Has anyone informed @David_J about the issues today with posting replies and the lack of notifications?

Edit: See here....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Community-Reply-Problem/m-p/669975

@Mitchbw 

Are you just trying to change your sim card? Anyhow send a private message....put "change sim card" in the subject line and follow this method.....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent issues. Wait times seem to have improved as I waited 10 whole minutes the other day but under an hour is a reasonable expectation.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mitchbw : Have you looked to the envelope icon upper right to see numbers over it indicating messages? If so you need to click it to open messages and respond. But if they haven't responded then that's pretty poor. There's not much you can. Since they took away the ability to change it yourself with a new SIM, all you can do is wait. Or something else rather more drastic. ie. totally new account or move elsewhere. Lousy options if you're sufficiently happy here.

You could use voip apps like TextNow in the meantime while on wifi. It does talk and text.

Mitchbw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes ive submitted tickets ive changed my password several times. Iv done everything. And its still isnt working. I realize its kind of a new issue so im being patient. But its getting harder not gonna lie. Am i suppose to do something else or is it out of my control now??

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mitchbw : Have you managed to submit a ticket to the moderators as mentioned in your other thread(s)? That's the only way currently.

Mitchbw
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I still have no active sim. What do i have to do. Im almost ready to give up and move on

@David_J 

I dislike the mobile version but I also don't like the "desktop" version as shown by @NDesai . I always keep my tablet in "portrait" so that it looks like this....

Spoiler
Screenshot_20210215-150258.pngScreenshot_20210215-150320.pngScreenshot_20210215-150336.pngScreenshot_20210215-150349.pngScreenshot_20210215-150403.png

(Tagging @Cat_L into this convo too.)

Thanks for the heads-up @NDesai.

Yes, in some cases we have more to say as far as Announcements and it the # of posts does overwhelm the section. @Cat_L did remove some of the posts last night so it should be looking better this morning. 

For the 'more than 5' request for the Latest Posts and Latest Solution section, we can certainly change this to a larger number. One thing we like to consider is our users that access the Community with a mobile device, so the page scroll might get too large if we increase to say 10 posts in those sections. Happy to make the change if we get consensus that larger numbers of posts in these sections is a good thing.

Thanks

David_J

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @David_J

The main community page looks a bit ugly due to stretch of sections resulted from new topics being posted recently. Announcement section for example showing 8 topics. This leave some gap on the page. Is there way to limit Announcement section to show only 5 topics? If more post is required to show, can you please also apply the same limit to the New Solution section? Also, can you add more than 5 post limit to both Latest Posts and Latest Topics sections if possible? 

Spoiler
NDesai_1-1613424833570.png

Thanks

@ngoduc17 wrote:

Could you give me more specific about your cases? and an example of what kind of issues you have?

This thread was started to have a place to report Community website issues to Public Mobile. For examples, please have a look throught this message thread. 

ngoduc17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could you give me more specific about your cases? and an example of what kind of issues you have?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David_J : Still looking for the "replied to" feature 🙂

Thanks everyone for the responses - you're the best at QA!

We'll take this one back to the drawing board (again).

Stay safe out there,

David_J

@David_J  sorry for the late response. 

No change on Android:

• Chrome mobile (Also forced desktop mode)
  • Firefox (Also forced desktop mode)
  • Opera mini

@David_J wrote:

@Jb456  - we did an update today and the quote button I am seeing it on different devices and different browsers.  Please let me know if you are seeing the quotes button in mobile view.

@David_J 

i can also.confirm no change for the quote option (Chrome for Android). It doesn't show.

Need Help? Let's chat.