Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

@David_J wrote:

@Jb456  - we did an update today and the quote button I am seeing it on different devices and different browsers.  Please let me know if you are seeing the quotes button in mobile view.

Thanks

David_J

@David_J    If the update means that the old Quote button is available then I don't see it, of course if you're confirming that the current Quote option is now also available to users for devices other than desktop, then that at least is useful for users like @Jb456  who use their phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David_J : I don't see it on Firefox or Chrome mobile. Nor desktop mode on mobile.

@Jb456  - we did an update today and the quote button I am seeing it on different devices and different browsers.  Please let me know if you are seeing the quotes button in mobile view.

Thanks

David_J

@Anonymous 

One of their call centres is in the Phillipines. They also have one in Romania. And I believe at least one in southeast Asia. The moderators are just as diverse as Canadian society.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we looking at another purge? Or maybe this is the place to start newbs and then they move up to the mothership. On those rare occasions that I talk to Telus, I sometimes wonder if I might hear a familiar name being introduced. Seeing as how I'm sure the whole call centre is in the Phillipines. Hi my name is Silvio how may I help you today. 🙂

Training Day!

Wow! 19 moderators online with quite a few new names. Expect a few incorrect answers as they learn on the job. But this should help reduce the wait times for customer support.

@David_J  Thanks David 👍

Any chance PM can work on the quote button for mobile? I asked Catherine awhile back on thread below. She said she'd have the team look into it  Nothing yet unfortunately. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/Quote-Button-Mobile-users-Before-2021-pleas...

+++++++

@computergeek541  I apologize for missing your tag from the other day.  Back then it worked for me by clicking your link. However today I just tried and I now get the page all mixed up.

@computergeek541 @NDesai @Jb456  Thanks for the heads up on this issue. The icon is setup for mobile, while the link uses a different set-up. Following your feedback last week, we made an edit to the code and will release that in the coming week. Thanks again for letting us know.

David_J

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541 

Works fine for me on Android chrome mobile. Maybe try refreshing the page.

Screenshot_20210114_151315.jpg

@Jb456 

Did you use the link or was the SIMon icon clicked on? Using the link, the page doesn't load correctly for me.  I've tried multiple times. There's also something strange going on using that link when using my laptop as well with everything being shifted to the exteme right side of screen.  This is a recent thing.

@computergeek541 

Works fine for me on Android chrome mobile. Maybe try refreshing the page.

Screenshot_20210114_151315.jpg

@David_J 

Using the link https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot is right justifying the page on a desktop web browser.  However, on Chrome for Android, the page is now unusable as it the page loads off the edge of screen.

@darlicious  nice👍 been so long it feels like a year 😅

@Jb456 

The loss of the quote button happened in March of this year....just in case @David_J  wants to know.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Quote-and-Macros-button/m-p/513465...

I noticed this a couple of days ago as well. I thought I had replied to a post part way through a thread but it seemingly vanished. Later i found it immediately after the actual post that I clicked the reply button on. So then I figured I had somehow changed sort order to threaded even though I hadn’t been in settings at all. I got it straightened out in settings.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @David_J . I would have assumed it was just flipping a few switches, setting a few settings. 🙂

@Anonymous  - no worries, I appreciate the time you spend on the Community and the feedback. It would be nothing without all of you. 

I'd need to ask Khoros about that as it isn't an out of the box thing they offer - but if it's been built, it can be duplicated.

Thanks again,

David_J

Anonymous
Not applicable

@David_J 

Bet you didn't think you'd get deluged with the regulars here 🙂

This is the ebay community running Khoros.

Note the "in reply to" line. Also of interest down in the lower right see the message number of the total messages. Not as much of my interest as the "in reply to" is.

That feature would relegate tagging users and maybe to a slightly lesser extent the need to quote. All to keep context. As it is we have none unless we tag or quote.

Khoros.JPG

@David_J 

On both Chrome and Firefox mobile. We used to have a big green "quote" button next to the reply button. 

Even forcing into desktop mode does not work for the "" to appear that is the new way to quote via a laptop/PC. 

Some Tablets/iPads people can get to the quote button by turning their screen sideways.

Below is what I (and many others) see just using our cell phone to post by opening the chrome browser. 

edit - this happened I think Nov or Dec 2019 update to the forums.

Screenshot_20201101_194818.jpg

@David_J I have logged out and back in and will monitor this.

As for mobile I am using Edge on an Android device and have very limited options when using the reply button.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13  - I changed a setting within the platform - I am hoping everything (unless a user has specifically changed it) is displaying as 'Oldest first'. With the change I made, you may need to close and re-load the Community. Apologies for the inconvenience.

@Jb456  - what browser are you using in mobile?

Thanks,

David_J

I have never changed my preferences and it is still on oldest first (default) and I am getting posts that are appearing in the middle of a thread.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@David_J  now if you could fix the quote button for mobile user's on a cell phone that would be great! It's been almost a year now 😂

@Jb456  wrote:

@David_J  I don't see any issue. Everyone has the option to change the settings in their account. Since I joined these forums in 2018 it has always been defaulted to oldest post first. 

My settings = preferences = Linear layout.

David just made the change back to Oldest First. It was somehow changed to Threaded. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@Anonymous  wrote:

@NDesai 

They changed something a couple days ago. Go into My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and set to Oldest first.

That fixed it. They need to make that as the default. 
Thanks

@NDesai , @David_J 

Like I said, they changed something. It was only an issue for a reply to a post that was not at the end. Maybe some folks like the post and reply order rather than chronological. I know I don't.

Khoros has a nice reply indicator feature that this place doesn't seem to want to activate. When I first saw this problem I wondered if they were fiddling with getting towards that. Alas.

David_J: I prefer Oldest first. But that's just me. The reply indicator that Khoros has would be nice.

That makes sense. Threaded option is like reddit comments. It can get confusing since sometimes we hit reply to any post even through we are not actually replying to that specific post. 

@David_J  I don't see any issue. Everyone has the option to change the settings in their account. Since I joined these forums in 2018 it has always been defaulted to oldest post first. 

My settings = preferences = Linear layout.

Screenshot_20201101_192425.jpg

@David_J  wrote:

@NDesai  - You caught me online. Can you check, it looks like a setting might have been switched inadvertantly - they should now be 'Oldest first'.

Just a question - but is 'Oldest first' best, or is there a preference for 'Newest first' or 'Threaded' - let me know.

Thanks

David_J

Yes, it's fixed now. Oldest first should be the default as it was before.
Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:
@Anonymous  wrote:

@NDesai 

They changed something a couple days ago. Go into My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and set to Oldest first.

Thanks

@NDesai , @David_J 

Like I said, they changed something. It was only an issue for a reply to a post that was not at the end. Maybe some folks like the post and reply order rather than chronological. I know I don't.

Khoros has a nice reply indicator feature that this place doesn't seem to want to activate. When I first saw this problem I wondered if they were fiddling with getting towards that. Alas.

David_J: I prefer Oldest first. But that's just me. The reply indicator that Khoros has would be nice.

@NDesai  - You caught me online. Can you check, it looks like a setting might have been switched inadvertantly - they should now be 'Oldest first'.

Just a question - but is 'Oldest first' best, or is there a preference for 'Newest first' or 'Threaded' - let me know.

Thanks

David_J

@Anonymous  wrote:

@NDesai 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai 

Need Help? Let's chat.