cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Public Mobile

Re: Forum notifications not working?

Thanks @NDesai  and hi @popping 

If you check the bell icon beside the envelope and your avatar in the upper right corner, are you seeing any @ type notifications (indicating email notifications)? Or all they all 'thumbs up' bravo notifications? 

I will say I did get an email notification when I was tagged into this, so the email notifications seem to be working, but I am happy to investigate further.

Thanks

David_J

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Forum notifications not working?

@David_J wrote:

Thanks @NDesai  and hi @popping 

If you check the bell icon beside the envelope and your avatar in the upper right corner, are you seeing any @ type notifications (indicating email notifications)? Or all they all 'thumbs up' bravo notifications? 

I will say I did get an email notification when I was tagged into this, so the email notifications seem to be working, but I am happy to investigate further.

Thanks

David_J

It seems to be working fine now. I see @ and bravo notifications. Thank you for looking into this. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: Community Technical Issues

Anyone else experiencing an issue with the way posts are randomly listed in a thread? They are not sorted in the correct date/time order. Loading a thread while not signed in also seems to be like that. 
@David_J Can you please look into this when you get a chance? 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai 

They changed something a couple days ago. Go into My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and set to Oldest first.

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4  wrote:

@NDesai 

They changed something a couple days ago. Go into My Settings/Preferences/Linear Layout and set to Oldest first.

That fixed it. They need to make that as the default. 
Thanks

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@NDesai  - You caught me online. Can you check, it looks like a setting might have been switched inadvertantly - they should now be 'Oldest first'.

Just a question - but is 'Oldest first' best, or is there a preference for 'Newest first' or 'Threaded' - let me know.

Thanks

David_J

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:
@z10user4  wrote:

@NDesai 

Thanks

@NDesai , @David_J 

Like I said, they changed something. It was only an issue for a reply to a post that was not at the end. Maybe some folks like the post and reply order rather than chronological. I know I don't.

Khoros has a nice reply indicator feature that this place doesn't seem to want to activate. When I first saw this problem I wondered if they were fiddling with getting towards that. Alas.

David_J: I prefer Oldest first. But that's just me. The reply indicator that Khoros has would be nice.

Highlighted
Oracle

@David_J  wrote:

@NDesai  - You caught me online. Can you check, it looks like a setting might have been switched inadvertantly - they should now be 'Oldest first'.

Just a question - but is 'Oldest first' best, or is there a preference for 'Newest first' or 'Threaded' - let me know.

Thanks

David_J

Yes, it's fixed now. Oldest first should be the default as it was before.
Thank you!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@David_J  I don't see any issue. Everyone has the option to change the settings in their account. Since I joined these forums in 2018 it has always been defaulted to oldest post first. 

My settings = preferences = Linear layout.

Screenshot_20201101_192425.jpg

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:
@z10user4  wrote:

@NDesai 

Thanks

@NDesai , @David_J 

Like I said, they changed something. It was only an issue for a reply to a post that was not at the end. Maybe some folks like the post and reply order rather than chronological. I know I don't.

Khoros has a nice reply indicator feature that this place doesn't seem to want to activate. When I first saw this problem I wondered if they were fiddling with getting towards that. Alas.

David_J: I prefer Oldest first. But that's just me. The reply indicator that Khoros has would be nice.

That makes sense. Threaded option is like reddit comments. It can get confusing since sometimes we hit reply to any post even through we are not actually replying to that specific post. 

Need Help? Let's chat.