Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

@computergeek541 wrote:

@David_J 

This next bug is a security concern. When attaching a photo to a private message, the photo is now placed into a publicly viewable folder in your Community profile.

Thanks for flagging this issue to us. We've looked into and made a change to our privacy settings accordingly. You should now see that when you share images in private message they go into your Hidden images folder and when you upload to the Community they go into the Public folder. In general we recommend that, if you are sharing an image with private information in it, that you delete it once it has served its purpose (for example, once your issue has been solved with a moderator). 

nguifombeoh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the update.  The link clarifies stuffs

@Naepalm This one is most definitely a bug and a security/privacy issue. These pictures should and previously did end up in a hidden folder. Imagine if a member sends a screenshot of the account by private message to a moderator.

@computergeek541  I noticed this and didn't know it was a bug, I sent a picture yesterday and it went into my public folder. I have since deleted the picture. 

Just sending this to confirm it is in fact an issue. 

@David_J 

This next bug is a security concern. When attaching a photo to a private message, the photo is now placed into a publicly viewable folder in your Community profile.

Does anyone else have issues signing into their community  account. This could be entirely my tablets fault.  I need of a new battery it will randomly shut itself off. Not normally that much of a big deal but a couple of times a month after this happens I can't sign back into the community but it will let me sign in under this account that I rarely use....?

@Naepalm  wrote:

@NDesai often when I see a notification it will flash multiple times on the screen until I acknowledge the notification. Is this normal?

Yes, that is normal since the new community layout. You must let it disappear before loading another page or refresh. 

@mimmo you are right I have seen in the last few days at least half a dozen posts, my internet is not working. Maybe a pinned APN setting and instruction on how to get your data going if it is not working. 

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai often when I see a notification it will flash multiple times on the screen until I acknowledge the notification. Is this normal?

@Barfanese hi is there anything in particular you have problems with? there is an excellent help section top of page answers a lot of issues 

@Barfanese  wrote:

hello, 

In response to technical issues in community, I have a very difficult time trying to navigate in community.

Any issue in particular you having trouble with? Please let us know and we will do out best to assist. 
In the mean time, here are some useful info: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles?category=getting-started&subcategory=how-to-use-...

Barfanese

hello, 

In response to technical issues in community, I have a very difficult time trying to navigate in community.

@Naepalm wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

I just noticed this forum. One issue I had and had brought up already is a couple of my posts didn't post and they ended up disappearing. I haven't noticed anything else yet but I have only been here for a day or so. I'll let you know if there is anything that is an issue. 

@Naepalm   Most of the time posts disappearing are due to one too many quick edit in succession.  I think some have mentioned that a spam filter is involved.  I've had quite a few disappear myself.  Sometimes the post gets saved as a draft, so you could try clicking on your avatar, them my profile and scroll down you might find the post.  There is also some link some users have posted that I believe allows you to retrieve the lost post, personally I've never bothered but have just retyped my response instead.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

Hey Community, 

Thank you. 

I just noticed this forum. One issue I had and had brought up already is a couple of my posts didn't post and they ended up disappearing. I haven't noticed anything else yet but I have only been here for a day or so. I'll let you know if there is anything that is an issue. 

@tomgirlbc wrote:

thanks but it did not work but i have another problem , i do need a new phone, is koodo and public the same or what can i get a phone from public

They are both owned by Telus. PM is byod.

tomgirlbc

thanks but it did not work but i have another problem , i do need a new phone, is koodo and public the same or what can i get a phone from public

@Livvybabyxo  I couldn't find your exact model, but here's an article addressing the problem on an S8

https://thedroidguy.com/six-easy-ways-fix-galaxy-s8-unfortunately-system-ui-stopped-error-1080739

It should be similar. Good luck and stay safe. 

Livvybabyxo

Do you know how to fix that problem on a samsung galaxy A8? I'm having this exact same error message. What if I have an emergency and need to call out and cant? 

Livvybabyxo

This is exactly what is happening to me 

@gblackma wrote:

@tomgirlbc here's an article on how to fix that exact problem https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-LG-unfortunately-system-UI-has-stopped

The last option is a factory reset. Good luck.

Ahh! that makes more sense 🙂

@tomgirlbc here's an article on how to fix that exact problem https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-fix-LG-unfortunately-system-UI-has-stopped

The last option is a factory reset. Good luck.

@tomgirlbc wrote:

hi there okay i did everything taking it out the sim card etc.. i have a LG 4  This is what it says, 

Unfortunatly sytem UI has stopped    that is all it says

Are you trying to make a call and getting a message that all circuits are busy or 2UTI message?

If that is the case then you just need to keep retrying as all networks are experiencing an increase in people trying to call because of the current pandemic situation.  You will eventually get through.

tomgirlbc

hi there okay i did everything taking it out the sim card etc.. i have a LG 4  This is what it says, 

Unfortunatly sytem UI has stopped    that is all it says

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@tomgirlbc wrote:

my phone is not working all of a sudden says something about UI or something it is charged and i took battery out

More info needed...what plan are you currently on ? When does that plan expire ? What kinda phone you got ?

@tomgirlbc also, could you maybe power it back on and give us the full message?  "Something about UI or something" is not much to go on to try to help you.  Phone brand and model, and the details of that message would be very helpful.  Thanks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@tomgirlbc wrote:

my phone is not working all of a sudden says something about UI or something it is charged and i took battery out

More info needed...what plan are you currently on ? When does that plan expire ? What kinda phone you got ?

tomgirlbc

@Jb456 wrote:

@CannonFodder Huawei P30. Chrome mobile.(lastest version).

Even when I set it to "desktop mode" no quote option.

Yeah, based on what you said later on this thread, plus what @darlicious  has said, it's apparent that it works on desktop, and on some tablets, but it seems that phones are left out of the equation, at least until a few more adventurous folks give it a whirl.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Good find @Nezgar !!!!!

C'mon now, I was talking about that back on Page 4! 😜  Been using it, as it's supposed to work, for a few days now!  👍 

@AE_Collector wrote:

This all started more than 18 days ago on March 12. I said (just like I did here 15 minutes ago) that going back into edit after posting, hitting the three dots to expand the menu worked for me but still no Quote button. I didn't know we were looking for the " symbol!

Unlike pictures just posted here, I get Macro and a drop down box below or on the bottom of the tool bar on my iPad. I was looking for the word Quote to be beside the word Macro. Anyone else finding the Macro button here as well? Way too much work to actually go there to use it but it's there!

AE_Collector

image.jpeg

@AE_Collector  sorry never really thought about just looking for the word like it used to be.  Once I saw the expanded toolbar and the quotation mark.  Glad you found it now though!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

This all started more than 18 days ago on March 12. I said (just like I did here 15 minutes ago) that going back into edit after posting, hitting the three dots to expand the menu worked for me but still no Quote button. I didn't know we were looking for the " symbol!

Unlike pictures just posted here, I get Macro and a drop down box below or on the bottom of the tool bar on my iPad. I was looking for the word Quote to be beside the word Macro. Anyone else finding the Macro button here as well? Way too much work to actually go there to use it but it's there!

AE_Collector

image.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.