Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have seen it seems like a glitch.  I try to reply or quote a reply, then it gets posted as a S

Any ideas why this happens? I have seen the same S in other posts also

@David_J 

Today, I have been unable to edit some messages that contain attached pictures.  When you go to make an edit, message window is blank.  If you do try to replace the messages by typing over it and then clicking on "post", it will say that it was done sucessfully, but the original messgae will still be there as well.

Just as @Anonymous, I'm also having difficulty quoting similar messages.  It isn't working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alan_K, @David_J 

So I think I figured out the quoting problem I had earlier. I can quote a text post but not a post with an image.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Poogzley We fixed the photos and video font colour this morning! Thanks for the heads up.

photvid.PNG

@Alan_K wrote:

:

@mimmo @Luddite We are going to try to take care of this one within 24-48 hours to include a direct link to the articles below the search. I'll provide an update here when I confirm the changes.

The mobile view will need some deeper revisiting - hope that helps 🙂

On the French Community site, it is sitll impossible to give anyone a bravo when using the mobile site. I do wonder if that is hurting the participation levels.

Alan_K

@Luddite wrote:

@Alan_K  "Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access."

OMG, more sprinting? Robot wink

@mimmo @Luddite We are going to try to take care of this one within 24-48 hours to include a direct link to the articles below the search. I'll provide an update here when I confirm the changes.

The mobile view will need some deeper revisiting - hope that helps 🙂

@Alan_K  "Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access."

OMG, more sprinting? Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Alan_K

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J, @Alan_K,

Is there any way you can make the get help articles and their categories easier to access especially from a mobile device. There is a wealth of knowledge there, that you are hiding so well. The information should not need to be accessed by entering a dummy search ie entering a couple spaces.   And in mobile view the categories are way at the bottom of the screen. 

This info I believe  should actually be accessed by a direct link. Screenshot_20190910_064149_com.android.chrome.jpg

@mimmo Thanks for your feedback! I will prioritize with the team to see what we can do about it to make it easier to access.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@David_J, @Alan_K,

Is there any way you can make the get help articles and their categories easier to access especially from a mobile device. There is a wealth of knowledge there, that you are hiding so well. The information should not need to be accessed by entering a dummy search ie entering a couple spaces.   And in mobile view the categories are way at the bottom of the screen. 

This info I believe  should actually be accessed by a direct link. Screenshot_20190910_064149_com.android.chrome.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Alan_K Just found another bug, It seems that community badges disappear when you click on them instead of giving you a brief description. See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9JT_i9ssFtVr6pU40WWrLrfIPhIjAqr/view

While you're digging through taking the time trying to find all the problems and bugs and niggles and nits, it would be useful to see if it has been mentioned before.

Here's one discussion from over 2 years ago when I used the search terms "badges disappear click", sorted by date and found this on page 2.

@Anonymous I wasn't actually looking for bugs just came across it randomly, I am surprised it has not been fixed yet considering it has been two years. I had assumed it was caused by the recent redesign as I thought I remembered the bagges working properly a few months ago. I must have confused it with a different community. Il be more careful next time

@Poogzley 

There are lots of little things around here that aren't perfect. It just sorta kinda seemed to me that you've recently been running around finding things and tagging Alan_K with your findings. Your enthusiasm is good but is each finding important enough to bother the boss man with it. But hey...who am I...just another lowly customer.

Poogzley

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Alan_K Just found another bug, It seems that community badges disappear when you click on them instead of giving you a brief description. See video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9JT_i9ssFtVr6pU40WWrLrfIPhIjAqr/view

While you're digging through taking the time trying to find all the problems and bugs and niggles and nits, it would be useful to see if it has been mentioned before.

Here's one discussion from over 2 years ago when I used the search terms "badges disappear click", sorted by date and found this on page 2.

@Anonymous I wasn't actually looking for bugs just came across it randomly, I am surprised it has not been fixed yet considering it has been two years. I had assumed it was caused by the recent redesign as I thought I remembered the bagges working properly a few months ago. I must have confused it with a different community. Il be more careful next time

One bug that I noticed before but has crept back in:  For me, the Self-serve and Annoucements categories have been permanently bolded as having new messages for days even though there are none.  I've went as far as telling that Community site to mark all messages as previously read upon logout, but no luck.

SD08

@Anonymous wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

@Poogzley 

Yep.  Nothing new there.  And if you click again on some of the resulting empty spots, you can sometimes "retrieve" the disappearing badges.  Smiley Tongue

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poogzley wrote:

Poogzley

Poogzley

@Alan_K @David_J  While we are on the topic of buttons that are difficult to read since the redesign you should also take a look at the insert a photo and video buttons.

When not being clicked on they have this weird spaceing, this seems like the text is still there but it is beige on a baige background makeing them invisible:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.14.46 PM.png

When you hover the mouse on the buttons they become grayed-out you can slightly see the text that is supposed to be visible:

Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.02.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.03.00 PM.png

srlawren

@Alan_K wrote:

Fixed! Thanks for flagging 🙂

@Alan_K much better!  Thanks for the quick turnaround!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

I noticed that the "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons on the insert a link page when creating a post are hard to read with the new redesigned colour scheme of the community.

Thanks for reporting this, @Poogzley ... ran into it this morning as well and was about to come here to do this.

@Alan_K / @David_J FYI I experienced it in Chrome on Windows 10, but also checked with the oracles and @Luddite confirmed it happens in Chrome on Chromebook, @computergeek541 @SD08  @stonechucker  has seen it on Safari on MacOS, and @ShawnC13 has seen it in Edge on Windows.  So, doesn't seem browser specific.

Also, and less importantly:  didn't there used to be a link on the community main page to mark all posts as read?  Posts used to auto-mark as read for me a while after my last page load during a session (presumably at session expiry time) but no longer are. I looked for the link to manually mark them as I see a ton of older stuff still showing in bold (meaning new posts), but I no longer see that feature.

EDIT: fixed tag from @computergeek541 to @SD08 @stonechucker ... sorry about that!

Fixed! Thanks for flagging 🙂

srlawren

@SD08 wrote:

@srlawren 

It wasn't me either.  I believe you meant @stonechucker .  Smiley Happy

@SD08 oy.  Fixed [again].

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:

@Poogzley wrote:

I noticed that the "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons on the insert a link page when creating a post are hard to read with the new redesigned colour scheme of the community.

Thanks for reporting this, @Poogzley ... ran into it this morning as well and was about to come here to do this.

@Alan_K / @David_J FYI I experienced it in Chrome on Windows 10, but also checked with the oracles and @Luddite confirmed it happens in Chrome on Chromebook, @computergeek541 @SD08  has seen it on Safari on MacOS, and @ShawnC13 has seen it in Edge on Windows.  So, doesn't seem browser specific.

Also, and less importantly:  didn't there used to be a link on the community main page to mark all posts as read?  Posts used to auto-mark as read for me a while after my last page load during a session (presumably at session expiry time) but no longer are. I looked for the link to manually mark them as I see a ton of older stuff still showing in bold (meaning new posts), but I no longer see that feature.

EDIT: fixed tag from @computergeek541 to @SD08 ... sorry about that!

@srlawren 

It wasn't me either.  I believe you meant @stonechucker .  Smiley Happy

srlawren

@Poogzley wrote:

@Alan_K / @David_J FYI I experienced it in Chrome on Windows 10, but also checked with the oracles and @Luddite confirmed it happens in Chrome on Chromebook, @computergeek541 @SD08  @stonechucker  has seen it on Safari on MacOS, and @ShawnC13 has seen it in Edge on Windows.  So, doesn't seem browser specific.

EDIT: fixed tag from @computergeek541 to @SD08 @stonechucker ... sorry about that!

@Eister wrote:

Can be a bit tricky, but once you get the “bumps in the road” sorted out...you will be a happy camper!  Good luck. 😉

Was there something specific that you came across as a new customer?  Maybe, start a new thread about those issues? This thread is more about Community messaging site bugs.

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Can be a bit tricky, but once you get the “bumps in the road” sorted out...you will be a happy camper!  Good luck. 😉

Spade
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This service is hard eh?

Poogzley

Unable to login to the community this morning from my mobile device. Here are a few screenshots: IMG_1251-1.PNGIMG_1252-1.PNG

Poogzley

I noticed that the "Ok" and "Cancel" buttons on the insert a link page when creating a post are hard to read with the new redesigned colour scheme of the community.Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 10.51.14 PM.png

@David_J Another reminder to look into mass Delete option for Private Messages. 

Since the upgraded look of this community, quote notification is not working. I get notification for a tag, but when someone quotes, i don't get any community notification like before. Can you please look into it when you get a chance?

ApatheticFloW

I just did, but thank you very much 😉

ApatheticFloW

I can't reset my password because it doesn't accept the answer to my security question can a mod reset my pw plz. I created  a thread pertaining to this, but I haven't received a solution yet let alone a response from a mod. I just want to log into self-serve and not the community. 

Need Help? Let's chat.