Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

I hope that this wasn't already mentioned somewhere in the 18 pages, but on the Users Online page, there are no links to change to different numbered pages of the user list when your are using the mobile version of the site.

@srlawren wrote:

Thanks to whomever merged this into the community technical issues thread--I was thinking of suggesting that in my original reply but forgot.

@srlawren  I realized a soon as I posted it I should have posted it there (edit I mean HERE), but didn't worry since I knew it would be moved quickly

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks to whomever merged this into the community technical issues thread--I was thinking of suggesting that in my original reply but forgot.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, must be the wellness features on your device hitting their limits.  JK.  Smiley Happy

I saw this as well earlier today.  I did a refresh and everything came back. 

@will13am  Hah, maybe I just got a new one (I replaced that pixel2 with a pixel2XL) it thought it would have an easy life.

XL just means you get a larger blank screen.  Smiley Tongue

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc, must be the wellness features on your device hitting their limits.  JK.  Smiley Happy

@will13am  Hah, maybe I just got a new one (I replaced that pixel2 with a pixel2XL) it thought it would have an easy life.

Same here..in the french side...the site doesn't like it!!Smiley Wink

I too have seen this a few times during the past couple days.

srlawren

@RobertQc  getting the same thing.  I've seen it happen a few times in the past, and it seems to self-correct after a bit.  Just in case, let's tag @David_J to see if he needs to investigate anything.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Tried clearing cache, then private browsing, then a different browser on a different computer. Still same thing

notifications.png

@David_J wrote:

Hi @NDesai - we're reverting back. We were pushing some changes and this was not the intended result. Hang tight for a minute.

David_J

Honestly, i liked that new look. I was hoping it stayed, just needed the Latest Topic/Posts sections. The new profile look, post/comment look was pretty good. Oh well, i ll wait for it...

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@wetcoaster wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J  when using android I have trouble pasting in a post.  I long press the paste menu appears then dissapears immediately  when I go to press it.  I have to type some spaces then replace the spaces with the pasted content. 

This happens to me as well.  When this happens you also most have to "hold" the copy/paste bar so that it doesn't dissapear and then try to quickly tap on paste before it vanishes. 

I also find it almost impossible now to select anything in the messages box if I need to delete or change something, and often just give up and just start over again.

Ah!

And I though it was just me / my ageing phone...

@mimmo 

I was also having this issue tonight on the forum Robot Frustrated

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J  when using android I have trouble pasting in a post.  I long press the paste menu appears then dissapears immediately  when I go to press it.  I have to type some spaces then replace the spaces with the pasted content. 

This happens to me as well.  When this happens you also most have to "hold" the copy/paste bar so that it doesn't dissapear and then try to quickly tap on paste before it vanishes. 

I also find it almost impossible now to select anything in the messages box if I need to delete or change something, and often just give up and just start over again.

Ah!

And I though it was just me / my ageing phone...

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo

Hi @NDesai - we're reverting back. We were pushing some changes and this was not the intended result. Hang tight for a minute.

David_J

@David_J  @Alan_K What is happening to the community layout? We are missing Latest Topics and Posts sections. Are you converting to a new look? 

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey RobertQc,
what i think you can try doing is Clear All Cookies from pc and clear History/Cache. Also another solution for that can be running the web on InCognito page. This should fix many error issues. Enjoy your day!

forum looks messed up.png

I get this or something similar all the time, where the forum looks messed up / buttons missing, F5/refreshing the page almost always solves the issue but it has been happening since the same time as quote font change / that bug where anyone could change solutions.

Thought I should mention it, probably should have mentioned it long ago.

@Metal1967 wrote:

@David_J wrote:

Following up on the mobile Android issue of the keyboard disappearing. Lithium has advised they have made an update to fix the issue. I have confirmed the fix, but if you could do as well it would be appreciated. Thanks again for raising the issue - it's a great help.

@David_J 

Working again...!

Yes, it works again. 

Thank you.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David_J wrote:

Following up on the mobile Android issue of the keyboard disappearing. Lithium has advised they have made an update to fix the issue. I have confirmed the fix, but if you could do as well it would be appreciated. Thanks again for raising the issue - it's a great help.

@David_J 

Working again...!

Got it - thanks. Lithium did a platform update last week and this must have been something that slipped through their QA. I'll alert them.

@Anonymous, as you can see, I place a comma directly after the tag as I don't normally use the quote button to address a specific reply, generally as it's the post directly above my response (or within a few posts if others are also replying.

It's an issue that has changed recently,  as it wasn't an issue before.  That's all I'm reporting.  I'd love to see it returned to the previous functionality without the space automatically added, but I could live with it as is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@David_J, I'm noticing a "space" being automatically placed after tagging a forum member.

This has changed in the past few days, to a week.  I've only noticed it as I use the Grammarly plugin, and it's flagging it on every response I write when I'm not actually typing the spacebar.

Thanks!

I kinda like it. It used to be that one tags another and then type a space for some separation but then upon Post-ing it would cram your text immediately after the tagged username.

@stonechucker testing this now?

Edit: Yup I like it.

@David_J, I'm noticing a "space" being automatically placed after tagging a forum member.

This has changed in the past few days, to a week.  I've only noticed it as I use the Grammarly plugin, and it's flagging it on every response I write when I'm not actually typing the spacebar.

comma_after_tag.PNG

Thanks!

@SD08 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J   when using an android device the community  search does not seem to work. The keyboard simply dissapears when trying to type 

Yes, same here.  The keyboard appears for an instant and immediately disappears before I can start typing.

Me too having the same issue. I am also having trouble pasting something in the reply box. 

SD08

@mimmo wrote:

@David_J  when using an android device the community  search does not seem to work. The keyboard simply dissapears when trying to type 

Yes, same here.  The keyboard appears for an instant and immediately disappears before I can start typing.

mimmo

@David_J  when using an android device the community  search does not seem to work. The keyboard simply dissapears when trying to type 

@quebec12345 peut-on vous aider avec votre problème? Que se passe-t-il?

Need Help? Let's chat.