Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

quebec12345
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Cool

Oldtimer102
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good catch!

Got it @mimmo

Thanks for the heads up,

David_J

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@David_J  found a broken/incorrect link in the community forum assuming this is the place to report it.  

when you click order simcard on the community footer it takes you to https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart   rather than adding the sim card the link should be: https://public-mobile.myshopify.com/cart/add?id=5876039041

or https://store.publicmobile.ca/products/triple-punch-sim-card#  

there seem to be 3 different footers ( website, store and community) with different links.

@tinasammyk Send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will create an account for you. 

tinasammyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not able to Create an account! 

After entering my phone number, they send me a 6 digit verfication code. When I enter the verification code, the page refreshes and they send me a new verification code. This goes on forever and I never get to the next step of the process. 

PLEASE HELP!

Tina 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi @dmss1,

We've responded to your private message! Please check your inbox.

Cheers,

Syed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmss1 wrote:

All four phones were on one account with a different provider...  Now with PM we have four seperate accounts, all valid, showing account balances..When you call #3 and #4 it goes straight to the voice mail.

Will try re-seating the sim card

Did you send a PM to the mods as suggested to you elsewhere?

Any reply back yet?

quebec12345

l'affaire ses quil comprenne pas que quand on a besoin dune une urgence comme çela ont aime pas chatter avec un ordinateur ont aime une voix humaine mes eu ses des robot ça l'air. je suis un des PREMIER client de public mobile mes eu la satisfaction du client importe peu c'est vraie que une ordinateur ça pas de coeur..merci PUBLIC MOBILE a oui la personne qui a sur twitter public mobile gros raisin repond meme pu quand quil ses que tu est un client public mobile ses un poisson qui va a pèche epui quand qui ton il çe foute bien de toi bye bye

dmss1

All four phones were on one account with a different provider...  Now with PM we have four seperate accounts, all valid, showing account balances..When you call #3 and #4 it goes straight to the voice mail.

Will try re-seating the sim card

dmss1

Ok...Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmss1 wrote:

..Thanks for responding

They all have different accounts, email, sim#s & phone#s.

Two of the phones (1st & 2nd) are working properly.  With the other two, one phone (3rd) is not working at all.and the other (4th) only have outgoing calls only.

Does that make any sense to you? Can I get some more info to assist me? Thanks again

Ok then. We can focus on #3 and #4.

Are these ported numbers from another provider or are these essentially new numbers?

Have you tried the SIM's in any other phone? Maybe the SIM is off-kilter and needs to be re-seated or something.

When you call #4 what do you get?

Edit: Oh. It looks like this has been dealt with.

@dmss1

As mentioned in the other 2 threads that you asked this question, you will need to contact the moderators to fix the incomplete port.  Unfortunately, there will be 2-3 day wait for things to be resolved.  

For some unknown reason, a couple of your lines were ported and the other lines were incomplete ports.  Hopefully, it may fix itself in the next 12-24 hours, but you should put your request in for the moderator help just in case it doesn't resolve.  

peterthel

What phones are they?  Also, what are you seeing for coverage at the top?  Full bars?

dmss1

..Thanks for responding

They all have different accounts, email, sim#s & phone#s.

Two of the phones (1st & 2nd) are working properly.  With the other two, one phone (3rd) is not working at all.and the other (4th) only have outgoing calls only.

Does that make any sense to you? Can I get some more info to assist me? Thanks again

quebec12345

bonjours comme je peut voir vous offrer pas un bon service au nouveau client vraiment plate ça

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmss1 wrote:

Three of the four phones are not working after bringing my service to Public Mobile..  I am not tech savy and not having the ass istance if so frustrating for me.  Of the four, the one registered last works fine, but the other three has no incoming calls and no texting.

I can access each account online okay but no service.  Can I be assisted by anyone please?

Thanks

Perhaps your question could have been a new thread topic.

When in My Account on the problem phones, do you see any warning messages or errors or does it all look the same (basically) as the one phone that works?

Did the other 3 ever work with PM? Are they all separate accounts with different phone numbers, different email address, different SIM numbers?

And you mention not incoming calls...what about outgoing calls?

dmss1

Three of the four phones are not working after bringing my service to Public Mobile..  I am not tech savy and not having the ass istance if so frustrating for me.  Of the four, the one registered last works fine, but the other three has no incoming calls and no texting.

I can access each account online okay but no service.  Can I be assisted by anyone please?

Thanks

mishafljin

Oh, yeah, chrome works. Thanks
With firefox, for whole day is not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I frequently find really slow responses with My Account. It seems to get there eventually.

Try another browser maybe just to see? Or loosen up your security and privacy temporarily just to see.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mishafljin wrote:

Hi,

I was just trying to change my plan and I am getting error page. I cant even see what my plan is nor to change plan... whole page is empty and not showing any details of a plan. Are there currently any technical issues on the website?

Its working for me. Try refreshing the page or closing the browser and re-opening.  Maybe even try another browser.

edit:  Now it's not working for me.

mishafljin

Hi,

I was just trying to change my plan and I am getting error page. I cant even see what my plan is nor to change plan... whole page is empty and not showing any details of a plan. Are there currently any technical issues on the website?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jorno wrote:

I joined Public Mobile in April 2017. I can guarantee that 12-29-2014 is not the date I created that image.

Ah. Yes. When I go to the thread with my image then I see that wierd date. Hmm. Interesting. I gotta think pretty low priority though. Fix the auto password reset!

@Jorno Yes, i see that 2014 date only when image is clicked directly from the post. It might be a bug, but why would someone need to look at the date and time when one can just look at the post date? 

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I joined Public Mobile in April 2017. I can guarantee that 12-29-2014 is not the date I created that image.

@NDesai, please take a look at your recent post here and click the image you uploaded.  When I click your image, I see 12-29-2014 in the same location.

Edited_Screenshot_2018-07-25_Date_on_posted_photos_NDesai.png

What do you see?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to my profile to see an image I had posted and I see what indeed appears to be a date stamp and that it seemed to be about right.

For your image I see the same date you mention. Seems to me to be probably date created.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have noticed the following (see image below, circled in red) when you view an image included in a post:

Edited_Screenshot_2018-07-25_Date_on_posted_photos.png

The number format suggests a date stamp.  From the small sample of photos I have viewed (mine and those posted by other community members), 12-29-2014 appears in the same location in all of them.

Is this a software bug or an Easter egg?

@quebec12345 Malheureusement, vous aurez besoin d'une assistance pour les modérateurs. Cliquez sur ce: message aux modérateurs pour envoyer un message privé à l'équipe du modérateur avec votre numéro de téléphone, votre code PIN, et une explication.  Les heures du modérateur sont les suivantes: du lundi au vendredi de 9 h (HE) à 21 h (HE); Samedi - dimanche 9 h (HE) - 19:30 h(HE ). La réponse est généralement dans quelques heures, mais peut prendre 24.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

quebec12345

a chaque fois que je demande un service il me niaise pas de service apres vente sur public-mobile ses mon AVIS..attention avant de signe avec eu car il se foute de votre gieule service de **bleep**...

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@SD08 there should be an @oracle_team account you could tag in times like these, just like the @CS_Agent🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.