Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Technical Issues

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hey Community, 

From time to time Lithium, our community platform, updates the system and causes some issues that changes how we interact with this community. Issues such as users are not receiving community notifications OR users are not being redirected to the first unread post. These examples might change the way we browse this community.

Use this topic to discuss and report any Community related issues. Out staff member, @David_J, will use this to track all reported issues. Let's help him to make this community even better. 

Thank you. 

502 REPLIES 502

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@quebec12345

This is a public forum.  Please remove your Credit card info ASAP.  Any private information like that should only be communicated to moderators by private message, via Moderator_Team link.

Oracles, if you see this, please edit their post if not done already.  @NDesai @ShawnC13 @will13am @Luddite @imm1304 @Rockdaddy22

C'est un forum public. Veuillez supprimer vos informations de carte de crédit dès que possible. Toute information privée comme celle-ci ne doit être communiquée aux modérateurs que par message privé, via ce lien.

quebec12345
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

bonjour  je vous ecrit car vous me niaiser ou koi bon je vous donne mon numero de carte de credit master-card ----------- la date dex est 11-21 le 11novembre2021 le code a trois chiffre est ===== mon pin pour guichet est ]]]]]]]]] svp ne pas le dire a personne car ses tres confidentiel si vous vouler mon nom complet ecriver moi jai une limite de credit de 50.000$svp ne pas abuser seulement par mois merci public-mobile...de jonathan .pinchaud%

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@David_J I am not getting the quote notification anymore. I am not sure if it is just me.

victory_saber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Your issue maybe from the top featured topics where customers unable to AutoPay with their CC. Go to the link below for more info.

System maintenance - important note for customers on AutoPay whose plan renewed April 15th

@somethingsometh wrote:

Is anyone else having problems with paying by credit card? I've tried a bunch of cards that I've used a bunch of times and none of them worked.

Not I, but yes there have been several "can't verify my card" reports in the last few weeks. One not 10 minutes ago. Robot Frustrated

Maybe tomorrow's maintenance will kill the bug. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

somethingsometh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is anyone else having problems with paying by credit card? I've tried a bunch of cards that I've used a bunch of times and none of them worked.

@somethingsometh wrote:

Your password reset system is currently broken. It takes over an hour for the email to be sent out with the password reset link, and so the link itself has timed out by the time the email is sent. So it's impossible to reset your password.

Please can someone resolve this issue.

It's working for me. I just tried it again and i got the email within 20 mins. 

It does not always work. They have done some work on it, but it breaks randomly. After the recent maintanece, its been working fine for me. 

somethingsometh

Thanks for your help. I guess you really get what you pay for with Public Mobile xD

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@somethingsometh, Unfortunately, that is a long standing issue.  The best way to reset your [password is to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to do it.  Include your phone number or account number as well as your account PIN (if known).  This will speed up the process a bit.

Click here to send them a private message.
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

somethingsometh

Your password reset system is currently broken. It takes over an hour for the email to be sent out with the password reset link, and so the link itself has timed out by the time the email is sent. So it's impossible to reset your password.

Please can someone resolve this issue.

@Korthwrote:

Ah, I understood these badges ("earned" by me) indicated the years (and Loyalty Rewards) I've spent subscribing to PM.

Wikipedia claims Public Mobile has been around since 2009-2010, although it was bought by Telus in 2013 and has since been changed enough to become something very different from the "original" PM.

So shouldn't these 2nd/3rd Anniversary badges be celebrating 7th/8th or 4th/5th PM Anniversaries, lol?  They seem rather arbitrary, unless Something Really Big happened three years ago that I missed.

It is from 2015 where Telus set the current PM Model and had the "legacy" plans then new in market plans were created from that point on.  I think

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Ah, I understood these badges ("earned" by me) indicated the years (and Loyalty Rewards) I've spent subscribing to PM.

Wikipedia claims Public Mobile has been around since 2009-2010, although it was bought by Telus in 2013 and has since been changed enough to become something very different from the "original" PM.

So shouldn't these 2nd/3rd Anniversary badges be celebrating 7th/8th or 4th/5th PM Anniversaries, lol?  They seem rather arbitrary, unless Something Really Big happened three years ago that I missed.

@Korthwrote:

@Korthwrote: 

And thank you for the "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge

So now I've been with PM for two full years.  I now have a "3 Anniversary" badge, along with my "2 Anniversary" badge.  Never got a "1 Anniversary" badge, lol.  Just a badging issue, it seems that my Loyalty Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.  It almost makes me suspect the badge graphics have the wrong filenames, lol.

I've also noticed that the My Rewards overview in Self-Serve summarizes numbers which look suspiciously inaccurate, at least for Loyalty and Refer A Friend.  Although, again, it seems that these Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.

The anniverary badges aren't for your duration here they are just the anniversaris of PM.  Everyone in the community that was here on those "birthdays" will get one.  I am only at like 16 months and have the 2 and 3 year anniversary

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Korthwrote: 

And thank you for the "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge

So now I've been with PM for two full years.  I now have a "3 Anniversary" badge, along with my "2 Anniversary" badge.  Never got a "1 Anniversary" badge, lol.  Just a badging issue, it seems that my Loyalty Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.  It almost makes me suspect the badge graphics have the wrong filenames, lol.

I've also noticed that the My Rewards overview in Self-Serve summarizes numbers which look suspiciously inaccurate, at least for Loyalty and Refer A Friend.  Although, again, it seems that these Rewards have (so far) been applied correctly throughout my billing history.

@Korthwrote:

My Settings / Preferences / Display for "Date display format" = (non-Default) "dd-MM-yyyy" ... I changed it back to Default, then back to my preference ... the compared the before/after tabs I opened on that linked thread ... problem "solved", lol, could've been a bug in my browser cache or something?

I just tested that as i thought of a settings in our profile before replying the solution but you figured it out 🙂

My Settings / Preferences / Display for "Date display format" = (non-Default) "dd-MM-yyyy" ... I changed it back to Default, then back to my preference ... the compared the before/after tabs I opened on that linked thread ... problem "solved", lol, could've been a bug in my browser cache or something?

@Korthwrote:

Got another potential forum bug ... I've seen some threads like this one which have posts dated in late-2018 ... and it is still only early 2018, I hope ...

And perhaps yet another bug ... I have a "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge (yay!) which I think should only be a "1 Anniversary / Anniversaire" (since I will be completing my second full year with PM next month).  Loyalty rewards seem to be applied accurately, $3 each 90-day cycle (including the time my service was suspended, haha).  But snooping around, I see this Anniversary Badge "bug" on lots of other member profiles.

(Still got some weirdness with other rewards, I think the one Referral Reward on my account is often incorrectly applied, but that's not forum-related and I'm not gonna waste time arguing over a puny number of dollars.)

Dates in the thread linked display properly on my screen in the MM-DD-YYYY format.

I'm quite sure that anniversary badges are to honour the "new" Public Mobile launch (or was it the launch of the community?) - if you were a community member at the time the badge was set up you got one. Not sure if @Brooke_C will continue @Jeremy_M's tradition but we would come up to a badge commemorating the 3rd anniversary soon.

Your community account has no access to your self serve account information and therefore cannot "know" when/if you signed up as a Public Mobile customer (which is reflected in the loyalty reward).

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Got another potential forum bug ... I've seen some threads like this one which have posts dated in late-2018 ... and it is still only early 2018, I hope ...

And perhaps yet another bug ... I have a "2 Anniversary / Anniversaire" badge (yay!) which I think should only be a "1 Anniversary / Anniversaire" (since I will be completing my second full year with PM next month).  Loyalty rewards seem to be applied accurately, $3 each 90-day cycle (including the time my service was suspended, haha).  But snooping around, I see this Anniversary Badge "bug" on lots of other member profiles.

(Still got some weirdness with other rewards, I think the one Referral Reward on my account is often incorrectly applied, but that's not forum-related and I'm not gonna waste time arguing over a puny number of dollars.)

I've noticed that user avatars/names aren't followed by the titles or images (oracle star, "MOD" box, etc) on all threads.  On most threads, actually, I recalled seeing this forum-specific feature long ago but not any time recently, I came to this thread to suggest it be re-added and see that it's already in place, lol.  But here's one example of a thread where (on my browsers) it looks broken.

@NDesaiwrote:

EDIT: After testing this, it seems like whenever an active tag in a post is quoted in another post, that tag is considered as active inside a quote and sends a notification. 

@David_J I have moved the test posts into Oracle boards for your review: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Tag-notification-test/m-p/221440

Ah, I see. That's why my stats and post history are screwed up, moving posts to a locked section means everything involved with them never existed.

@NDesai

Your pain is understandable, I'm finding this Lithium forum software a little cantankerous to work with, too ... very finicky about html/bbcode parsing, the syntax is just slightly nonstandard enough to require special attention.

I wonder (not at all seriously) if this tags-referencing-tags-referencing-tags thing could be weaponized and turned recursive, lol.

Forgot to mention about the other issue i experienced with the new quoting feature where uernames are automatically tagged. To best explain the issue, let me give you an example. Let say i quoted someone which now automatically tags the username inside the quote that results into sending a tag notification. Now, the reply that includes someone's quote is quoted in a different post. So more like a quote of a quote (quote>reply, quote(quote>reply) >reply). This results into tagging the both usernames inside those quotes. Additionally, if someone quotes a reply that included a tag is also results into tagging the tagged user again. 

I think i am not making any sense lol. Someone who kinda understands what i am taking about and experienced it throughout the last couple of days can try explaining it better. 

EDIT: After testing this, it seems like whenever an active tag in a post is quoted in another post, that tag is considered as active inside a quote and sends a notification. 

@David_J I have moved the test posts into Oracle boards for your review: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Oracle-Archive/Tag-notification-test/m-p/221440

Thank you @David_J for taking the time to enable "Latest Posts" and "Top Bravoed Posts". But it is not what i expected 😞

The "Latest Posts" widget is exactly the same as "All Posts" i linked in one of my previous post. You told us that the "Latest Posts" widget is different from the "All Posts", but when i click on the "Latest Posts", it takes me to the exact same link as the "All Posts" link.

Additionally, it displays every single reply separately including replies from the same topic. If there is 5 quick replies in a topic, all those replies are shown with the same topic title. Here is a screenshot of how replies in a same topic is displayed under "Latest Posts":

Spoiler
latestpost.JPG

As you can see that the topic, "Re: A letter from Dave on the infamous $40 for 4GB..." is repeated multiple times. The problem here is that one hot topic with many replies would take away all the space in the widget and barely leave any room to display other replies posted in different topics. What i expected is that the widget should combine all new replies from the same topic and only display the topic once. Just like how "New Posts" works in forums, it should just bump up a topic, but not all replies with multiple lines of the same topic's title. We already have this functionality in place, but it is only enabled in all boards/sections (i.e. Announcements, Discussions, Retail, etc.). A reply in a topic bumps up the topic at the top. But this way of browsing the community is barely used because it requires users to browse multiple boards to view more topics/replies. So I would like to have something exactly like that with all topics combined together from all boards/sections.

Another problem is a possibility of missing some replies because user will likely to click on the latest one that redirects to the very last post. This requires users to figure out what other posts were missed/unread. If we had the Jump to first unread post working in those widgets, it would solve a problem to figure out which reply was not read before reading other new replies.  

As for the "Top Bravoed Posts" configuration to display last 6 months, I found a settings under my profile (My Settings > Preferences > Bravos). Under Top Bravoed Posts component, these are the following options users can select, and it actually works 🙂 

•  The last 24 hours
  •  The last 7 days
  •  The last 30 days
  •  The last 6 months
  •  The last year
  •  All time - Include all Bravos
  •  Use default (The last 6 months)

I really want the Jump to First unread post access enabled on the home page widgets. It seems to work when a topic is selected from a board/section, but it would be nice to enable on the home page widgets. 

I don't really know about the range of possibilities to enable features on the Lithium layout. But i am sure i am asking for a lot and unsure if all would be possible with this community layout. I appreciate if you can look further to enable what i am asking as it would be beneficial to all community members. Smiley Happy

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@David_J,  Really like the new / extra info now on the landing page.  Really like the addition of the latest postes section.  Much easier to see exactly what new messages have been posted, regardless of where, and how old the original topic is.

However, given the massive upheaval about toaday's 25% price increase, I suspect very few will notice.

Hi @NDesai - sorry for the delay in changing the Community landing page. I have added 'Latest Posts' and 'Top Bravoed Posts' under 'Latest Topics' and 'Top Bravoed Authors'.

I am currently configuring the 'Top Bravoed Posts' as I would like to have it display the last 6 months (currently it is displaying last 30 days).

Let me know your thoughts.

David_J

@David_J Still no Latest Post widget added to the community. Is there any problem? 

Did you hear back from Lithium regarding quote issue and jump to first post not working from widgets?

EDIT: Looks like the auto tagging with quote is now fixed. Thanks David. 

@David_Jwrote:
Looking at the layout of the page right now with the team - because the addition of Latest Posts mean the layout leaves an unused portion of the page, we are reviewing what would be useful to insert into that space.

David_J

Why is this taking so long? It's just a temporary test. Even if you leave unused portion as blank, not a big deal. What if you were to replace "Top Bravoed Authors" or "New Solutions" with Latest Posts? 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

We always have the option of deleting old private messages, clearing up the box.  A bit of a hassle if one wants to keep old messages around as a record for tracking past service/billing issues, but "important" stuff can be saved by screen capture or printed as hardcopy.

Or at least we should always have that option.  Resolving any forum software bugs in this area (if there are any) would be a good move.

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Below are two recent topics on "reaching the limit of private messages":

- "Limit of Private Messages"

- "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try aga...

One limit was reached (maybe both) while a member was attempting to contact the moderators.

Is this limit an example of a community technical issue?

Looking at the layout of the page right now with the team - because the addition of Latest Posts mean the layout leaves an unused portion of the page, we are reviewing what would be useful to insert into that space.

David_J
Need Help? Let's chat.