cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a ticket without a resolution

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had opened a ticket around the beginning of July regarding not being able to call OESP at 1-855-831-8151. I received a message that they were investiating several Public mobile members stated they where no able to get through to the number but I was able to get through using other phone services like Voip.ms. the ticket was then closed. As you can see below they are waiting on updates but I cannot reply to the original ticket. How is this efficient for solving a resolution?

Hello there!

The conversation is closed automatically by the system if there are 24 hours without reply.

The ticket at the tech team is still open and we are waiting for updates.

Kindly,

Razvan

43 REPLIES 43

@Yummy can you call that number successfully? And confirm if it is an issue or not?

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

That is not proper operation for an unsolved ticket

There are many injustices in the world. You cannot correct them all.

Open ticket again, contact MODs directly. One way or another it could be resolved.

Another option is to have phone app as TextNow or Fongo. Using those apps you might be able to call that number.

@CellphoneuserPM 

This again? You are fighting AI and you will not win this one.....I have given you a solution to the ticketing process closing your ticket but you seem determined to revolutionize simon and his wonderful personality. Good luck!

I think PM might reopen this as a new ticket. as the original one was closed...

CellphoneuserPM

I had opened a ticket failure to call OESP 1-855-831-8151 fails. The ticket last response was they were waiting for a response from system people and then it appeared it was closed with no answer. When I asked for an update I had to validate again. Why? the ticket number is still open and no answer was provided.

Hi @CellphoneuserPM

Thank you for your response. Happy to continue assisting you.

I just checked and unfortunately, the previous verification link expired.

In order to have access to your account, please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://bit.ly/3rdfqmQ

Thank you kindly for your patience!
Best regards, 
Violette

Public Mobile Moderator   

CellphoneuserPM

some one called me stating the problem was resolved. I did not recieve an answer on the ticket.

Hi @CellphoneuserPM

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I'm happy to help:)

Since the previous link expired, and in order for us to have access to your account and check the updates for the ticket,

please click on the link below and follow the steps:

https://bit.ly/3kb2jRy

If you can't access the link, please let me know the 4 digits PIN and the phone number of your account.

Thank you kindly for your patience!
Best regards, 

Violette

Public Mobile Moderator   

@CellphoneuserPM 

When you create a support ticket thru simon the system is set up to automatically close tickets after 48 hours of no communication. Its the way it works. Your tech department ticket remains open.

If you open a new ticket via simon you must verify again and again the ticket will be closed after 48 hours of no communication. However all support request can also be addressed just thru private messaging. Since it does not have the constraints of efficiency that the ticketing system has your support requests do not have to be closed. Perhaps only marked resolved by a sent review link.

As a result a member can pick up where they left off.....or if its a different issue that needs to be addressed then the member can edit the subject line to reflect the nature of the new issue or in your case you could enter the tech department ticket reference #/Update. Verification isn't necessary if account access is not a requirement.

This allows the conversation with the moderators/pm to remain open and give a new moderator the ability to read the previous messaging to get up to speed so that you don't have to go thru the rigamarole of explaining the background history of the issue and verifying again because the moderator does not know if account access is needed.

The issue may be of a high priority to you but in the grand scheme of things its not....try telling that to someone who has their phone stolen and desperately needs a sim swap performed. That is what fits the description of "high priority".

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

Not being able to call 1-855-831-8151 number when other phone system can contact is an extremely high priority. currently no resolution has been provided and they are asking for verification again even though the last response said they are waiting for aresponse from the technical team.

I agree that PM was not doing it right for closing the case so fast.  But did yo re-open another ticket?  I believe you can simply reply the message and "remind" that that this wasn't resolved.

On the other hand, this number is not an emergency number, I don't see why it is extremely high priority. 

CellphoneuserPM

Not being able to call 1-855-831-8151 number when other phone system can contact is an extremely high priority. currently no resolution has been provided and they are asking for verification again even though the last response said they are waiting for aresponse from the technical team.

CellphoneuserPM

That is not proper operation for an unsolved ticket

@CellphoneuserPM 

The moderators or rather the ticketing system automatically closes tickets after 48 hours with no reply. It is very rare that I get that reply as I don't use the ticketing system so there is no ticket to close.  As they stated your tech department ticket remains open.

As they have not given you a timeline and its not a high priority issue ( vs very slow data or dropped calls etc...) reply by private message say once a month with the tech team ticket reference # and your basic account info:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Phone #, email and pin #.

Ask for any updates as any moderator can check the reference number. If you get a dedicated moderator they may take it on themselves to check on updates and message you when there is progress. Since there is no need to close private messages just continue to reply the last private sent to you.

I always ask for a review link and how found that most moderators go out their way to please customers in my experience. Tech team tickets can take several months or more to resolve if they are particularily difficult to fix or not urgent but most do get resolved eventually.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@CellphoneuserPM   you can try to reopen the ticket.  Just include the original ticket number and information.

Yes, I don't like when they reply, if we do not reply within 24 hours, they would close the ticket..  When we open ticket, they have a 48 hours ETA, maybe they should at least give us 48 hours as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellphoneuserPM : My guess would be that they closed it to get it out of their queue. It's been handed off to other technical teams so they're kinda done with it as far as they're concerned.

One can only hope that they would get back to you if and when it gets fixed by that other team. Or maybe even that other team will inform you that it's fixed.

Need Help? Let's chat.