cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing a ticket without a resolution

CellphoneuserPM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I had opened a ticket around the beginning of July regarding not being able to call OESP at 1-855-831-8151. I received a message that they were investiating several Public mobile members stated they where no able to get through to the number but I was able to get through using other phone services like Voip.ms. the ticket was then closed. As you can see below they are waiting on updates but I cannot reply to the original ticket. How is this efficient for solving a resolution?

Hello there!

The conversation is closed automatically by the system if there are 24 hours without reply.

The ticket at the tech team is still open and we are waiting for updates.

Kindly,

Razvan

43 REPLIES 43

@CellphoneuserPM 

Public mobile will call sometimes for porting issues when you leave an alternative number.

In your case, you have outstanding tickets issues, so it might be possible that PM may call you.  Not the normal process though.  Usually through the ticketing/private messaging system.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellphoneuserPM 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to customer service by Moderator Team

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Service by Moderator Team,

Here’s how to contact customer service by Moderator Team,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click HERE to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Moderator Team  by Click HERE
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service.

Good Luck

we heard that once.. but it was someone calling back.. saying network issue could not be resolved and ask the person to join Koodo (or Telus.. I forgot which one).. it was about a month or two ago.. the phone call was kinda fishy...

I never receive those calls myself   

CellphoneuserPM

Has anyone had a call from Public mobile to their cell phone?

I received a call from an unknown number claiming to provide an answer to a ticket I opened with Public mobile yet no answer was proided in the ticket itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellphoneuserPM : I can't imagine they'd explain the cause. It's fixed. That would be enough for me.

CellphoneuserPM

They got back to me today July-28-2021 and informed me the issue is fixed. My orignal question was what was the cause which I appended to the question

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CellphoneuserPM : Have you tried calling the number recently? I recall when you first posted that I had the same thing. Then after a while it worked fine.

So if it works for you now...I'd just let the ticket go. It's no longer relevant.

@CellphoneuserPM , I just tried calling that number and it worked.  I wonder if all it takes is perhaps an account reset.  Back in the day when I joined Public Mobile, there were instances that I had issues calling toll free numbers.  I did get an account reset and have never really looked back since.  My suggestion is to initiate another ticket, explain how another member has no problems calling that number and request an account reset to shake out any possible gremlins with the calling feature.  Good luck.  

@CellphoneuserPM   you are still waiting for an answer...

do they have a local calling number instead of the 1-855?

CellphoneuserPM

I have had a ticket open in which calling OESP 1-855-831-8151 was not responsive when called with a message not in service. I have asked can public mobile call the number and what is the problem. the last response I received is as shown below thne another message the ticket was closed. Why? how are tickets resolved

I am still waiting for a response  as shown in your last response to the ticket.

Hi There,

Thank you for your reply.

For the moment our team is still working on the issue, once we have any information we will be able to let you know.

Thank you for your time.

Kind Regards, 

Francis
Public Mobile Community Moderator

CellphoneuserPM

Well thats not for me. Someone from public mobile called me from a private number telling me that it was solved. when I checked the ticket no answer was provided and I have re validated yesterday and still no answer in the ticket. None from public mobile should be calling my phone if I can't call public mobile they don't get to call me.

@CellphoneuserPM 

Well it's just the way it works around here. I have two tickets open from July 13th I haven't checked on either one because I know there's no point.....if something changes they will inform me. If a month goes by maybe I will inquire. Unless its a vital service expect to wait 2 or 3 months for an answer.

CellphoneuserPM

You dont understand the complaint. The problem is a ticket was issued Ticket ID:99951-853 Service not working A2013-D and when I checked with the already opened ticket they had no answer the ticket was originally opened in the beginning of Jul-2021 it is now July-24.

When I deal with other service providers like electricity when they issue a ticket I only have to state the ticket number and who I am, not 96 hours we forget everything in the ticket that has no answer.

@CellphoneuserPM 

When you call any other service provider you may have...hydro, tv. internet, gas, water whatever do you complain when they ask for your account # and your pin #? Or do they just go by the phone number you are using and blind trust by taking your word for it that you are who you say you are?

A new MOD on the case?

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill. 

Left conversation. 

CellphoneuserPM

I disagree. I opened a ticket which requires authetication. That was done. The ticket was not answered and the ticket even though it has a ticket number assigned I have to reautheticate after 96 hours to find no answer in the ticket. Why would a user have to reauthticate? the ticket is already assigned? Security is to ensure you are a proper user of public mobile which was done.

CellphoneuserPM

There is no reason for public mobile to be asking for my IMEI and the ticket I open was not answered and to find the result I have ot re-autheticate after 96 hours

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I had an admin ask me for my IMEI. public mobile would have to have that information to operate with my phone so why would they ask for my IMEI?

As others have mentioned as part of the verification process. 

But what others have not mentioned is the IMEI number is used as part of the activation process and the full # remains on your account (But they don't display it in your account, as information. But you can check the last digits in the SIM Swap process).  As soon as you slip a SIM in your phone they ALSO know what kind of phone you are using as well. On Telus prepaid they used to show your full SIM # and your make and model of phone.  And if Telus knows that.....so does PM. 

@ShawnC13 

The request is from Andu one of the night moderators.

@CellphoneuserPM 

This is normal procedure for verification thru ptivate message. They will ask a variety of questions that are both accessible in your account or hidden from your view but info you should know. They may ask you questions about your phone or contained in your phone like the IMEI. They may also ask about your usage....all things that help verify your identity as the account holder and once put together as a whole can establish your whether or not you raise suspicion. 

This is for your account security. Its not out of curiosity and its not anything they don't already know or have access to......but its whether you know the information. If you don't know enough of the answers, refuse to answer or cannot answer a minimum requirement of questions they will not diiscuss your account or a ticket even as mundane or lower priority that your ticket may be. 

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I had an admin ask me for my IMEI. public mobile would have to have that information to operate with my phone so why would they ask for my IMEI?

Was it someone with the PM tag by their name?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

I opened the following ticket.

Hi CellphoneuserPM!

Thank you for your reply!

I will look into this for you but please secure your account once more using the following link:

-or-

By answering to the following questions:

-Last top-up amount and the date
-Last four digits of a registered credit card
-Account number
-Last add-on purchased and the date
-Email

"NOTE: Do not reply to this email address: community-notifications@publicmobile.ca. Please log into the Community and reply via Private Message". 

Andu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not received a response to the ticket even though I have asked what the status is. The issue is calling 1-855-831-8151 which is for the OESP Ontario electricity support program which says it is out of service. this was opened early July-2021 and I continually asked to validate even though the ticket number Ticket ID:99951-853  is opened and unresolved.

Why is public mobile asking for authentication for a ticket I already opened and authenticated and has not been resolved by placing an anwer in the ticket?

Please respond to Moderator_Team's private message/send them another private message.  Posting messages here will not enable Public Mobile to fix your service issue. 

Also, staying in one message thread would help others to follow this conversation. Thanks.

@CellphoneuserPM wrote:

Public Mobile would already know the IMEI of your device if they were to look. This could be asked possibly to get the customer to prove ownership of the account.  Is it Moderator_Team asking you for this?

Othewise, the only reason I could see Public Mboile asking for your IMEI would be if you ask to have a Telus device unlocked or if you're asking to port a number into Public Mobile from another carrier.

CellphoneuserPM

CellphoneuserPM

I opened the following ticket.

Hi CellphoneuserPM!

Thank you for your reply!

I will look into this for you but please secure your account once more using the following link:

https://bit.ly/3zrkRkR

-or-

By answering to the following questions:

-Last top-up amount and the date
-Last four digits of a registered credit card
-Account number
-Last add-on purchased and the date
-Email

"NOTE: Do not reply to this email address: community-notifications@publicmobile.ca. Please log into the Community and reply via Private Message". 

Andu

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have not received a response to the ticket even though I have asked what the status is. The issue is calling 1-855-831-8151 which is for the OESP Ontario electricity support program which says it is out of service. this was opened early July-2021 and I continually asked to validate even though the ticket number Ticket ID:99951-853  is opened and unresolved.

Why is public mobile asking for authentication for a ticket I already opened and authenticated and has not been resolved by placing an anwer in the ticket?

CellphoneuserPM

When calling the 1--855 OESP number I reeceived a message that it is not in service. The Admin are aware of the issue as I told them and the response was to wait while they contact system people. I still have not received a response to the ticket.

CellphoneuserPM

That still does not explain why I have a ticket that is open with a valid ticket ID and no resolution.

CellphoneuserPM

This has nothing to do with Simon but the admin. they opened a ticket did not resolve the ticket and want me to verify again for a resolution.

@Yummy wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Yummy can you call that number successfully? And confirm if it is an issue or not?

Calling 1-855-831-8151 from TextNow or Fongo works perfectly.

I did not call using my PM cell as it connects after 1 ring and my minutes are very limited.

So....does the OP know this?? @CellphoneuserPM 

And @Yummy 800 calls do not count against your minutes. Also time to spend 5 bucks on a 500 minute add on. If you do call a non 800 # and had a connect ..... you lost a minute....but you didn't call???

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Yummy can you call that number successfully? And confirm if it is an issue or not?

Calling 1-855-831-8151 from TextNow or Fongo works perfectly.

I did not call using my PM cell as it connects after 1 ring and my minutes are very limited.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LurganIeUk : Interesting. When the main OP started their other thread about this, I tried it and it didn't work for me either. Now...it does. @CellphoneuserPM 

Need Help? Let's chat.