cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stefanm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Closing Posts After a Solution Has Been Accepted

I'm trying to close my first post. Two people mentioned that I should, I replied to one and asked how. No answer so far.

I searched for an old post that would tell me how to close a post. I quickly read them all and there were a lot of complaints about old posts not being closed and newbs not knowing how to close, then the topic changed to bravos for old posts that were either closed or not closed.

In none of the posts or search results did I discover how to close my first post.  Could this be the reason that there are so many that are not closed? Can anyone solve this problem?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm....

go to the actual first post where you posed your initial question...there should be a large "Accept as Solution" button...(or something obvious).

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm wrote:

I'm trying to close my first post. Two people mentioned that I should, I replied to one and asked how. No answer so far.

I searched for an old post that would tell me how to close a post. I quickly read them all and there were a lot of complaints about old posts not being closed and newbs not knowing how to close, then the topic changed to bravos for old posts that were either closed or not closed.

In none of the posts or search results did I discover how to close my first post.  Could this be the reason that there are so many that are not closed? Can anyone solve this problem?

@Stefanm   If the following link is the thread that you want to close by accepting a solution, simply go to the post of the person who you felt helped you the most with your issue and click the Accept as Solution (or something similar).  I believe in that thread you had mentioned that Dunkman had pointed you in the right direction, so that may be your accepted solution? 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/My-voice-cutting-in-and-out-on-Public...

I wouldn't worry too much about not accepting a solution if you really don't want to as sometimes one of oracles (usually Luddite) may pick one of those answers as a solution if the OP of the thread opts not to do it themself.. 

@Stefanm wrote:

There isn't any way to close a thread. Also, pickiing a solution is optional. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm 

Choose the post that best explains and/or solves the issue you are having. Don't feel pressured to choose a solution right away. Often a troubleshooting solution may take days, weeks or longer to come up with a definitive answer. I recently found the solution to an issue from may 2020 in a similarily related recent thread. I myself resist choosing a "contact the moderators" solution allowing others to respond to see if they can figure out the issue even if it involves eventually contacting the moderators to rectify the problem within your account. Ultimately contacting the moderators could resolve nearly every issue but that would eliminate the need for the community's purpose.

Screenshot_20210306-105519~2.png

Stefanm

So I go to my original post where I posted the problem and I accept it as the solution? This is a little strange because people will think I asked a question and the question solve the problem. When I went back to my original post I didn't see anything that mentioned about closing off the post or solving a problem to click on.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm wrote:

So I go to my original post where I posted the problem and I accept it as the solution? This is a little strange because people will think I asked a question and the question solve the problem. When I went back to my original post I didn't see anything that mentioned about closing off the post or solving a problem to click on.

@Stefanm   There's no way to close off the thread/post.  The solution is usually important for other users who maybe experiencing a similar issue to yours so when searching the topic, they can hopefully benefit from your post/solution.

Stefanm

Thank you for clarifying this situation of closing a post. I was getting frustrated trying to find information on closing the post like people were talking about. Do people sometimes just post anything so that they get a credit for posting?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm wrote:

Thank you for clarifying this situation of closing a post. I was getting frustrated trying to find information on closing the post like people were talking about. Do people sometimes just post anything so that they get a credit for posting?

@Stefanm   Unfortunately, from time to time, yes! 😊

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Stefanm 

The amount of posts have much less infuence on the secret formula than bravos and solutions do....

Need Help? Let's chat.