cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on What is a New Customer?

djmitch99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.  I'm not sure if this is the correct area but I wondered if someone could clairfy a couple of things for me.

1) There are promos that are available to new customer's only.  If I already have an account and would be willing to open another account, am i considered to be a New customer?

2) If I am considered for promo purposes to be a new customer for that new line, do i need to set up a separate self serve account or can i combine it under the login for my first account?

Thanks in advance.

Derrick

28 REPLIES 28

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mimmo you're not wrong; page verbiage is important, particulary so for an online-only company.  All of these little inconsistencies produce a poor CX, especially for new customers on-boarding, which are vital for growth.  [And: if Telus isn't interested in PM's direct growth, then they should think of it as growth of their users to target for Koodo migration!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@mimmo Guess I've lived with the quirks/bugs so long I am inured to them. 👻 They, or whatever appears next, are the "price of admission". Robot Frustrated

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

@mimmo Yes, there is a mismatch between that language and policy. Who'd of thought that might be happening at PM? Robot wink

It's so old I'm not even willing to consider it for https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026... as there is no workaround.

@Luddite   are  new customers expected to know policy, or search forums for the correct answer or find the buried unofficial quirks post?

At the gas station pumps say "if there is a discrepancy between the pump price and the teller price the pump is considered correct", at the store if the shelf price is different than the register you get the shelf price. 

as far as a new customer is concerened the selfserve statement should be the policy PM abides by until the point they decide to spend 2 minutes and change a line of text in their back end.

there is now a big discrepincy for call forwarding on the $10/50/50 plan the official announcement states  (and still states) call forwarding is free, but customers are being told that is not the case.  I would be upset if i have purchased that plan to find out that the official announcement and reality are different (who knows there could be alot of people who could file complaints with the  ccts.

There are official posts still showing  10 day plans as being options.  How long were these plans abandoned?

All I was getting at is that PM needs to do some housekeeping, sooner than later.  

It took @Alan_K under 30 minutes to change the typo in the rewards section, so things can be done quickly there if there is a will.

sorry for ranting, but i think at some  point there needs to be some accountability somewhere. We cant just keep saying  these are quirks, live with it, it just makes PM look unprofessional.

@mimmo Yes, there is a mismatch between that language and policy. Who'd of thought that might be happening at PM? Robot wink

It's so old I'm not even willing to consider it for https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026... as there is no workaround.

@hc89 wrote:

@djmitch99 Hello Derrick, According to your questions, 1/ Yes you're still new customer to have another account with different email 🙂

2/ Yes you have to set up a separate self serve account. You can combine it after you get a reward. You can ask Mods to combine that later.

I need to correct you in the combining about answer.  Accounts cannot be combined.  One account, one line, no exceptions.

mimmo

@Luddite wrote:

@ShawnC13 There is no need for the moderators. The policy is "no PM to PM ports". Anyone may ask for any consideration but it's unwise to expect policy reversals.

@Luddite I do think though that PM should then put some effort  in cleaning  their website or allow pm to pm ports. As mentioned the porting page does clearly state porting from pm numbers is allowed. I could understand a wrong text being in place for a couple days or a week but it's has been months.

I know I did mention this to one of the mods a long time ago, but the text is still there...

Screenshot_20180610-084902.png

@Luddite wrote:

@ShawnC13 There is no need for the moderators. The policy is "no PM to PM ports". Anyone may ask for any consideration but it's unwise to expect policy reversals.

True, should have gotten clarification on when this happened first but people will still see conflicting messages from many here and may require an official PM representative to give the statement.  I am on my phone and can't find Mary's post that stated it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@wetcoaster wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CS_Agent, can you clear this up on allowing PM to PM porting?  Seems a customer may have had this done but we have been told this not possible. 

@ShawnC13

We don't have a timeline for when the person was granted the priviledge. It could have been a year or more ago, before Public Mobile clamped down on it. But yes, it would be nice to be able to provide consistent and accurate information.

This is true @meocon, when did they do this for you?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@CS_Agent, can you clear this up on allowing PM to PM porting?  Seems a customer may have had this done but we have been told this not possible. 

@ShawnC13

We don't have a timeline for when the person was granted the priviledge. It could have been a year or more ago, before Public Mobile clamped down on it. But yes, it would be nice to be able to provide consistent and accurate information.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@meocon wrote:

@Anonymous You can port your A number from A account to another B account but you'll loose your A account & your A account must be suspended so MODs can port the number for you. But you have to send a private message for them first and explain your situation.

There just seems to be a whole lot of wrong info in this post that I need clarification on. How can you port a number on a suspended account as an account must be active to port out.  We have also been told by moderators that on to ok can't be done. Who are you getting your info from as I want to clear this up

PM has it's own urban myths. Robot LOL It's an inherent danger in Community support that misinformation can live another day. 

I can attest that the workaround to transfer a number from one PM account to another has been closed. I need an image for a closed loophole to emphasize the point! Robot LOL

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShawnC13 @wetcoaster @mimmo @Anonymous sorry I mean port a number not an account.

@meocon wrote:

@Anonymous You can port your A number from A account to another B account but you'll loose your A account & your A account must be suspended so MODs can port the number for you. But you have to send a private message for them first and explain your situation.

There just seems to be a whole lot of wrong info in this post that I need clarification on. How can you port a number on a suspended account as an account must be active to port out.  We have also been told by moderators that on to ok can't be done. Who are you getting your info from as I want to clear this up

meocon

@wetcoaster PM MODS helped me out with that so that's why I said you need to contact MODs first and explain your situation so MODs can do one time exceptional for that

meocon

@mimmo I mean A account needs to be suspended. PM MODs helped me out with that. 

@meocon wrote:

@meocon

Not sure where you get that information from.

I know that it the note in self-serve is somewhat misleading but it's been confirmed by mod @Mary_M a while back that moderators are not be able to port from one PM account to another.

(There used to be a loophole / workaround which since has been plugged: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Re-Takeover-my-12-gb-3-month-120-3mth-plan/m-p/206244/highlight/true#M23701 )

mimmo

@meocon I believe you mean account A must not be suspended.

But as stated earlier pm is not offering pm to pm porting, even though the porting page does still say it is an option.

meocon

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok. Can one port the number from one account to another account?

You'd need to port out your number to a different provider (with the according cost involved) and loose your first account in the process. Then you can port your number into your new Public Mobile account.

@Anonymous wrote:

No you can't port a PM number into another PM account

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hc89 I am not sure what you mean by "combining accounts". However, the system limitations are quite clear and inviolable: 1 SIM, 1 unique email address, and 1 phone number  per account. No accounts can be "combined".

@hc89 wrote:

@djmitch99 

you can send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to combine the accounts later don't forget to include your account# or phone#, as well as your account PIN (if know) to help speed up the identification process.

where did you get this information that you can combine accounts?  Each phone number is alwaysa separate account with separate email not sure why you think they can be combined

hc89

@djmitch99 yes you would like need another email address for another account and so on you can have 10 accounts with 10 different email addresses 🙂

hc89

djmitch99

Thanks.  and that answers another question, you would need a different email address for the second acount.

hc89

@djmitch99 Hello Derrick, According to your questions, 1/ Yes you're still new customer to have another account with different email 🙂

2/ Yes you have to set up a separate self serve account.

Need Help? Let's chat.