cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing a new number

thejacer87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm moving next week, so I plan to change my number. I just looked at the form, and there is a slight difference between the registrations sign up. I just signed up my sister last week, and when we went through the form, there was a part to lookup the last 4 digits if the provided ones weren't "nice".

But now when I go to change my number, I get only the four options. No lookup field. I can refresh the form and it fetches new options. But I would rather not refresh up to 2500 times to find it lol.

Any chance a mod or someone could just change my number for me?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Along same line as activating a number at a different carrier and doing port in, Telus offers options for last 4 numbers and even "asian friendly" good luck and good fortune phone numbers.  Sim cards are pretty cheap at ebay and you can activate a Telus prepaid $10 plan just to get a good number.  Then port number to Public Mobile.  Telus might have better number selection.  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

One suggestion I have is to go get free fongo desktop app (the number selection is good if you use the correct area code the first time and web based) then continuing to hit the refresh key will over ride the button selection of only 3 changes to unlimited. If you select a different area too many times it temp bans your IP. So use the refresh key, on the correct first chosen area code) Then pay the $20 port out fee, or just keep the account for 90 days and transfer it here when done.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@thejacer87 wrote:

I'm moving next week, so I plan to change my number. I just looked at the form, and there is a slight difference between the registrations sign up. I just signed up my sister last week, and when we went through the form, there was a part to lookup the last 4 digits if the provided ones weren't "nice".

But now when I go to change my number, I get only the four options. No lookup field. I can refresh the form and it fetches new options. But I would rather not refresh up to 2500 times to find it lol.

Any chance a mod or someone could just change my number for me?

thanks

I don't know why they do that I found the same problem. The number changer in self serve is terrible, where the number changer in activation is actually really good.

I don't know if they mods will allow this (processing the number change on their own) as it would have to be a tedious process of either inputting your suggested number, it not working, them messaging you back, you messaging them, a lot of back and forth. Or if you give a list of numbers you would want they would have to sit there trying them all. But if you ask them, let us know the result, or anyone else chime in who knows this.

Need Help? Let's chat.