cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatr Chat-r account number - where is it? how to get it. :)

Stroz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have been having problems like others porting mynumber over from Chatr.

I ported over using the automated process through PM using my number and PIN from Chatr.

But I cannot receive call or send or receive sms.

The mods tried to help but couldn't because I didn't know my Chatr account number. (I had lots of other information but no acct #)

One of the mods eventually told me the account numbers are not in your profile online at Chatr and that to get your account number you need to call Chatr.

I called Chatr support at 1-800-485-9745.

I quickly got my account number from them and was able to provide it to Mods.

Hopefully my number will soon be fully ported. 🙂

Hopefuly this will help someone else trying to port from Chatr get the information they need to give to PM to get their number fully ported over.

9 REPLIES 9

KatieCooper
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Bless 8 year old obscure forum posts. This is exactly what I needed for my situation! Whoever you are, thank you!

@Good_Jay wrote:

You will need your:

Chatr Phone number

Chatr 6-12 digit account number (NOT the phone number as account number)

4 digit chatr account pin.

And then your number port will go through but also make sure your chatr account is in an ACTIVE status or it will fail.

Public Mobile discourages customers from ever using the PIN number for number porting purposes.  Also, if the Chatr account number is used on the number porting form, the Chatr PIN absolutely shold not be used. This can only cause problems. Providing more information after supplyng the account number or IMEI of the device used at the old carrier is not better. 

Good_Jay

You will need your:

Chatr Phone number

Chatr 6-12 digit account number (NOT the phone number as account number)

4 digit chatr account pin.

And then your number port will go through but also make sure your chatr account is in an ACTIVE status or it will fail.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the info.

@simk420 wrote:

It would help if you stated what Chatr said your account number was located? Because I’m having the same issue. I heard the account number is your actual cell phone number but I am not sure. 

Your Chatr account number is most definitely not the same as your phone number. If you use that for number porting, the phone number transfer will fail 100% of the time.

The only way to get your Chatr account number is to contact Chatr customer service and ask for it.  It is not listed anywhere that is otherwise accessible to the customer.

@simk420 wrote:

It would help if you stated what Chatr said your account number was located? Because I’m having the same issue. I heard the account number is your actual cell phone number but I am not sure. 

@simk420

You have posted to a 11month old conversation... For future reference you'll have a better chance of getting help if you start a new topic.

My understanding is that you need to call ChatR's customer service to get the information required for a port. I think someone mentioned a while back that ChatR actually has a real account number for you (unlike SpeakOut for example).

I'm not sure if that's the case but it could be that the internal requirements at ChatR are that their system only releases your number if the account number is used in the porting process.

simk420

Need Help? Let's chat.