Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing phone plan.

Denwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I was thinking change my phone plan

from PM TO Fido 

but I already pay 3 month service. 
can I get refund or transfer fund to Fido?

how does it work if I don’t cancel. How do I have two phone with same number from two different service provider. 

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Denwong wrote:

from PM TO Fido 

how does it work if I don’t cancel. How do I have two phone with same number from two different service provider. 

PM is prepaid service.  There is no refund for prepaid service providers in Canada.  PM is no exception.

You need to keep your PM account active in order to port your number to Fido.

Porting mobile number will take from 2 hours to 2 days.

After you requested Fido to port your PM number to Fido, Fido will set up your Fido account to call out, text out and data at Fido right away.

Before PM release your number to Fido, all incoming calls or texts will go to PM SIM card.

You should continue to use your PM SIM card until it stops working which is an indication that PM had released your number to Fido.  Start using your Fido number from that point.

PM had implemented port fraud protection.  Watch for PM text message to ask you to confirm that you want to port your number out.  Otherwise, PM will not release your number to Fido.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Denwong 

I suspect you're out of luck.

Maybe (that's a big maybe) if you were to choose to switch to a TELUS option (TELUS or KOODO) they may allow you to transfer the Available balance if you tell them you'll switch outside a TELUS company.

Worth a shot!!!

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@Denwong wrote:

from PM TO Fido 

PM is all prepaid so there are no guarantees you will get a refund (See terms below). You will have to contact a moderator to ask. Choose chat bubble in lower right hand corner and follow the prompts.

To port out contact Fido. Your number at PM must be active.

Porting Your Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.The SMS text will read as follows:Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact us at 1**

2C0E4BAA-4D6B-4B1B-9428-5D8DB9806448.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Denwong wrote:

from PM TO Fido 

Taking your number to another provider automatically closes the original provider account. There are no refunds for pre-paid services. No funds get transferred.

So you can't possibly run the same number at two different providers. How could that possibly work?

Need Help? Let's chat.